Brother DCP-385C Printer has color inkjet printing technology. This is certified by Energy Star (certification given for the less consumption of power). This printer’s maximum supported internal memory size is 32 MB. Using the USB 2.0 interface, the user can connect the printer and the computer and the USB cable should be no longer than 2 meters long. This printer has CIS scanning technology. The minimum droplet ink size for monochrome is 4 picoliters, and for color printing, it is 1.5 picoliters (pl). This printer has a One-Year Warranty. This printer supports PictBridge (which allows the user to print from the camera without connecting to the printer). The display diagonal size is 8.4 cm. In this article, you can get information about the Brother DCP-385C driver download, and the steps to install it in Windows, and Mac.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Brother DCP-385C, you have to install and set up the Brother DCP-385C driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Brother DCP-385C printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Brother DCP-385C
The Features of Brother DCP-385C are as follows,
Dimension of the Printer
- This printer’s physical measurement is 15.4×14.4×5.9 in of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 15.65 lb (7.1 kg).
- The input tray of this printer can be loaded with 100 sheets of plain paper.
- The output tray of this printer can be filled with 50 sheets of paper.
- Paper size allowed maximum is Legal size, and the minimum size allowed in this printer is 3.5×5 in.
- Media types allowed in these printers are Envelopes, cards, Plain paper and photo paper.
- The operating relative humidity should be within 20-80% without condensation.
- For the best quality prints, Humidity should be between 20-80%.
- While operating, the environment temperature should be between 10 and 35 degree Celsius without condensation.
- For the best quality prints, the environment temperature should be between 20-33 Degree Celsius without condensation.
- The printing resolution of the printer is about 6000×1200 dpi(dots per inch) in Monochrome.
- The printing resolution of the printer is about 6000×1200 dpi in color printing.
- The printing speed of the printer is about 30 ppm (pages per minute)in Monochrome, and the printing speed of the printer is 25 ppm in color.
- The minimum droplet ink size is 4 picoliters for Black ink printing, and for color printing the minimum droplet ink size is 1.5 (pl).
- The optical scanning resolution of the printer is about 1200×2400 dpi(dots per inch).
- The interpolated scanning resolution of the printer is about 19200×19200, dpi(digital).
- It has 8- bit of grayscale depth and 24-bit of color depth and the internal color depth of 36-bit.
- The scanning width of the printer is 210 mm.
- User can enlarge and reduce the copy size within 25% -400% with 1% increments.
- User can print 99 maximum number of copies.
- The copying speed of the printer is about 20 cpm(copies per minute) in monochrome.
- The copying speed of the printer is 18 cpm in color.
- Furthermore, the copying resolution of the printer is 1200×1200 dpi(dots per inch) in Monochrome.
- The copying resolution of the printer is about 600×1200 dpi in color printing.
- Copying features includes 2 in 1, 4 on 1, Poster 9.
- The minimum droplet ink size is 1.5 picoliters (pl).
- This printer allows 4 ink cartridges that includes Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black.
- The ink type used in this printer is Brother Innobella ink.
- This printer consumes 17 Watts of power while operating.
- It consumes 5 Watts of power when the printer is in the Standby mode.
- And it consumes 3 Watts of power when the printer is in sleep mode.
How to Download Brother DCP-385C Printer Driver
Download Brother DCP-385C driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Brother DCP-385C is available on two platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Brother DCP-385C Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Brother DCP-385C is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Brother DCP-385C Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Select your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Brother DCP-385C Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Brother DCP-385C on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Brother official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Brother DCP-385C?
A: Brother DCP-385C is a color inkjet printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Brother DCP-385C?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and select To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Brother DCP-385C to my computer?
A: Brother DCP-385C offers a wired connection to all PCs.