Brother DCP-585CW Printer is a color inkjet printer. By using this printer, users can print from a memory card and can also print from a USB flash drive. The minimum droplet of ink size is 1.5 picoliters (pl). The ink type used in this printer is Brother Innobella ink. This printer has both wired and wireless options to connect to the computer. Users can also print directly from the camera using PictBridge (which allows the user to print images directly from the camera without any connecting device). This printer has 40 MB of internal memory. Users can connect printers to computers using USB ports and LAN ports. In this article, you can get information about the Brother DCP-585CW driver download, and the steps to install it in Windows, and Mac.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Brother DCP-585CW, you have to install and set up the Brother DCP-585CW driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Brother DCP-585CW printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Brother DCP-585CW
The Features of Brother DCP-585CW printers are,
Dimension of the Printer
- The printer comes in 15.4×14.4×5.9 inch dimensions of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 15.87 lb (7.2 kg).
- The input paper tray can be loaded with 100 sheets of paper.
- The output tray can be loaded with 50 sheets of paper.
- The standard capacity of the paper tray is 100 sheets of paper.
- Paper sizes allowed in this printer is legal size.
- The paper weight supported in these printers are 64-220 gsm.
- Media types allowed in these printers are plain paper, cards, envelopes, photo paper, transparencies.
- For borderless printing, photo sizes supported include 3.95 inch (10.03 cm)×5.9 inch (14.99 centimeters), A4, A6,and Letter A size.
- The printing resolution of the printer is 600×1200 dpi (dots per inch)in Monochrome or Black and White,
- The printing resolution of the printer is about 6000×1200 dpi in color printing.
- The minimum droplet ink size is 4 picoliters in Black printing,
- Moreover, the minimum droplet ink size of the printer is 1.5 picoliters (pl) in color.
- The printing speed of the printer is about 33 ppm (pages per minute) in Monochrome,
- The printing speed of the printer is 27 ppm in color printing.
- The scanning resolution of the printer is 2400×1200 dpi(dots per inch).
- Interpolated scanning resolution of the printer is 19200×19200, dpi.
- The scanning speed of the printer is 4 seconds in monochrome, and it takes 6 seconds for color scanning.
- It has 8-bit of grayscale depth and 36-bit of color depth.
- Scanning features include scan to email, scan to image, scan to OCR(optical character recognition), scan to file, and scan to card.
- The printer’s scanning width is 210 mm.
- The copying resolution of the printer is 1200×1200 dpi(dots per inch) in Monochrome.
- The copying resolution of the printer is 1200×600 dpi in color.
- User can stack 99 multiple copies.
- The copying speed of the printer is 22 ppm in Monochrome and the copying speed of the printer is about 20 ppm in color.
- User can reduce and enlarge the copy size between 25-400%with 1% increments.
- Copying features includes 2 in 1, 4 in 1.
- The operating relative humidity should be within 20-80% without condensation.
- The sound emission level is 50 dB(A) while operating the printer.
- While the printer is printing, the environment temperature should be between 10 and 35 degree Celsius.
- When it is in storage, the temperature in the environment should be within 20 to 33 degree Celsius.
- While operating, the printer consumes 23 Watts of power.
- It consumes 6 Watts of power when the printer is in Standby mode.
- It consumes 4 Watts of power when the printer is in sleep mode.
How to Download Brother DCP-585CW Printer Driver
Download Brother DCP-585CW driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Brother DCP-585CW is available on two platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Brother DCP-585CW Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, select your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Brother DCP-585CW is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Brother DCP-585CW Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Select your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Brother DCP-585CW Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Brother DCP-585CW on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Brother official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Brother DCP-585CW?
A: Brother DCP-585CW is a color inkjet printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Brother DCP-585CW?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and select To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Brother DCP-585CW to my computer?
A: Brother DCP-585CW offers a wired and wireless connection to all PCs.
- HP Deskjet 3051A Printer Driver Download
- HP DeskJet 3056A Printer Driver Download
- HP Deskjet 3055A Printer Driver Download
- HP Deskjet 3050 Printer Driver Download
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 Printer Driver Download