Brother DCP-7040 is a Laser Monochrome printer, which has a digital copier type. This printer has 16 MB of inbuilt memory. By using the USB 2.0 interface, the user can connect the printer and the computer. The printing speed of the printer is 23 ppm (pages per minute). In addition to the other paper tray, this printer has an ADF tray (Automatic document feeder). Also, this printer has 3 years of warranty. This printer has 16 characters and 2 lines of the display screen. In this article, you can get information about the Brother DCP-7040 driver download, and the steps to install it in Windows and Mac.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Brother DCP-7040, you have to install and set up the Brother DCP-7040 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Brother DCP-7040 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Brother DCP-7040 Printer
The features of the Brother DCP-7040 printer are
Dimension of the Printer
- The printer comes in dimensions of 16.9×15.6×12 in Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 24.4 lb (11.07 kg).
- The input tray of this printer can be loaded with 250 sheets of plain paper.
- The output tray of this printer can be filled with 100 sheets of paper.
- ADF tray can be filled with 35 sheets of paper.
- The maximum paper size allowed is Legal size.
- Paper size allowed minimum is 3×4.57 in.
- The paper weight allowed in this printer is 60-163 gsm (grams per square meter).
- The printing speed of the printer is 22 ppm (pages per minute).
- Media types allowed in these printers are Envelopes, film/transparencies, Bond paper, labels, Plain paper, and photo paper.
- The operating Environment humidity should be within 20-80% without condensation.
- When the printer is inactive, the sound emission is 32 dB.
- When the printer is operating, the sound emission is 53 dB.
- The operating environment temperature should be 10 – 32.5 degrees Celsius.
- The printing resolution of the printer is about 2400×600 dpi(dots per inch) in Monochrome.
- The printing speed of the printer is about 22 ppm (pages per minute)in Monochrome.
- The optical scanning resolution of the printer is about 600×2400 dpi(from glass)(dots per inch).
- The scanning resolution of the printer is 600×600 dpi (from ADF).
- The interpolated scanning resolution of the printer is about 19200×19200, dpi.
- It has 8-bit grayscale depth and 24-bit of color depth and an internal color depth of 36-bit.
- Users can enlarge and reduce the copy size within 25% -400% with 1% increments.
- Users can print 99 maximum number of copies.
- The copying speed of the printer is 11 ppm in Monochrome.
- The copying resolution of the printer is 600×600 dpi (dots per inch) in Monochrome.
- Copying features include 2 in 1, 4 on 1, poster 9.
- This printer consumes 320 watts of power while operating.
- It consumes 75 watts of power when the printer is in Standby mode.
- And it consumes 8 watts of power when the printer is in sleep mode.
How to Download Brother DCP-7040 Printer Driver
Download Brother DCP-7040 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Brother DCP-7040 is available on two platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Brother DCP-7040 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Brother DCP-7040 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Brother DCP-7040 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Brother DCP-7040 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Brother DCP-7040 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Brother official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Brother DCP-7040?
A: Brother DCP-7040 is a monochrome laser printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Brother DCP-7040?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and select Install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Brother DCP-7040 to my computer?
A: Brother DCP-7040 offers a wired connection to all PCs.