Brother HL-2040 Printer is a Laser Monochrome printer. This printer functions with Electrophotographic Print Technology. This printer produces quality outputs with optimal printing speed. The printer has 8 MB RAM internal memory. In addition to its feature, this printer also has both wired and wireless features. By using the USB 2.0, Ethernet LAN, Wi-Fi, the user can connect the printer and the computer in a trice. The control panel has 4 color LEDs which indicates the status of the printer. The first page printout time is 10 seconds. The printing speed of the printer is 20 ppm. The First-page printout time is 10 seconds after the command prompted by the user. The maximum paper size allowed in this printer is 8.5×14 in. Also, the device has 2 years of warranty. Below, we have attached the Brother HL-2040 driver features.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Brother HL-2040, you have to install and set up the Brother HL-2040 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Brother HL-2040 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Brother HL-2040 Printer
Check out the features of the Brother HL-2040 Printer below.
- Dimension of the Printer
- The printer comes in dimensions of 371×361×165.5 mm of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 14.3 lb (6.49 kg).
- Environmental Settings
- When the printer is inactive, the sound emission is 30 dB(A).
- When the printer is operating, the sound emission is 51 dB(A).
- Brother HL-2040 printer has laser printing technology.
- This printer has Brother HQ Image Enhancement technology.
- The printing speed of the printer is about 20 ppm (pages per minute)in Monochrome.
- The first print-out time is less than 10 seconds,
- The maximum document size allowed in this printer is 8.5×16.
- The printer supports paper weight between 60-161 gsm (grams per square meter).
- The standard media capacity of the printer, 250 sheets.
- The printing resolution of the printer is about 2400×600, dpi (dots per inch).
- Network protocol includes TCP/IP.
- Power Consumption
- The printer consumes 450 watts of power while operating.
- It consumes 70 watts of power when the printer is in Standby mode.
- The printer consumes 5 watts of power when the printer is in sleep mode.
- Paper types and paper sizes allowed in these printers are
- The input tray of this printer can be loaded with 250 sheets of paper.
- The manual slot can be filled with 1 sheet.
- The paper size allowed maximum is 8.5×16 in (legal).
- The paper weight allowed in this printer is 60-105 gsm, in the manual feed slot allowed paper weight is 60-163 gsm (grams per square meter).
- The printing speed of the printer is 23 ppm(pages per minute).
- Media types allowed in these printers are Plain paper, bond paper, transparencies, and recycled paper, and in the manual feed slot allowed paper types are Plain paper, bond paper, Envelopes, Labels transparencies.
- Paper sizes allowed in the manual feed slot are 69.9-215.9 mm width and 116-406.4 mm in Length.
- The paper size supported in this printer is Letter, Legal, A4, A5, B5(JIS), B5(ISO), B6(ISO) A6, B6, Executive.
How to Download the Driver for Brother HL-2040 Printer
Download Brother HL-2040 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Brother HL-2040 is available on two platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10,Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8,Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7,Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11,macOS X v10.10,macOS X v10.9,macOS X v10.8,macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Brother HL-2040 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Brother HL-2040 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Brother HL-2040 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Brother HL-2040 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Brother HL-2040 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Brother official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Brother HL-2040?
A: Brother HL-2040 is a monochrome laser printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Brother HL-2040?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose Install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Brother HL-2040 to my computer?
A: Brother HL-2040 offers a wired connection to all PCs.