Brother HL-2140 is a laser monochrome printer that functions with Electrophotographic print technology. This printer is a Portable printer. The first page printout time is less than 10 seconds. There are LEDs light in four colors (yellow, red, and blue) that indicate the status of the printer. The minimum paper size allowed in this printer is 3×4.57 in, and the maximum paper size allowed in this printer is 8.5×14 in. Also, this printer comes up with a One-year Warranty. In this article, you can get information about the Brother HL-2140 driver download, and the steps to install it in Windows, and Mac.
The internal memory of the printer is 8 MB. User can connect the printer and the computer using the USB interface. The printing speed of the printer is 23 ppm in letter and 22 ppm in A4 Size paper. This printer has a Windows GDI printer language. The monthly duty cycle of the printer is 10000 pages per month and the recommended monthly volume is from 250-2000 pages.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Brother HL-2140, you have to install and set up the Brother HL-2140 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Brother HL-2140 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Brother HL-2140 Printer
The features of the Brother HL-2140 Printer are:
Dimension of the Printer
- The printer comes in dimensions of 368×361×170.5 mm of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 15 lb (6.8 kg).
- The input tray of this printer can be loaded with 250 sheets of paper.
- The manual slot can be filled with 1 sheet.
- The paper size allowed maximum is 8.5×14 in (legal).
- The paper weight allowed in this printer is 60-105 gsm, in the manual feed slot allowed paper weight is 60-163 gsm (grams per square meter).
- The printing speed of the printer is 24 ppm (pages per minute).
- Media types allowed in these printers are Plain paper, bond paper, transparencies, Envelopes, Labels, and recycled paper.
- The paper size supported in this printer is Letter, Legal, A4, A5, B5 (ISO/JIS), A6, B6 (ISO), Executive, Folio.
- When the printer is inactive, the sound emission is 30 dB(A).
- When the printer is operating, the sound emission is 51 dB(A).
- This printer has Brother HQ Image Enhancement technology.
- The printing speed of the printer is about 23 ppm (pages per minute) in Monochrome.
- The first print-out time is less than 10 seconds.
- The maximum paper size allowed in this printer is 8.5×14 in.
- The minimum paper size allowed in this printer is 3×4.57 in.
- The printer supports paper weight between 60-162 gsm (grams per square meter).
- The standard media capacity of the printer, 250 sheets.
- The first print-out time is less than 10 seconds.
- This printer consumes 460 watts of power while operating.
- It consumes 80 watts of power when the printer is in Standby mode.
- It consumes 5 watts of power when the printer is in sleep mode.
How to Download Brother HL-2140 Printer Driver
Download Brother HL-2140 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Brother HL-2140 is available on two platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10,Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8,Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7,Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11,macOS X v10.10,macOS X v10.9,macOS X v10.8,macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Brother HL-2140 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Brother HL-2140 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Brother HL-2140 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Brother HL-2140 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Brother HL-2140 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Brother official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Brother HL-2140?
A: Brother HL-2140 is a monochrome laser printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Brother HL-2140?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose Install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Brother HL-2140 to my computer?
A: Brother HL-2140 offers a wired connection to all PCs.