Brother HL-3170CDW Printer is an LED Printer, which has Electrophotographic LED printing technology. This printer can be connected to a computer using the USB 2.0 interface, IEEE 802.11g/n (Wi-Fi Direct), and 10BASE-T / 100BASE-Tx. The LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) is 16 characters and 1 line. Also, this printer has 128 MB of inbuilt memory. Added to that, this printer allows Automatic duplex printing, which allows users to print front and back pages without any work Manually. In this article, you can get information about the Brother HL-3170CDW driver download, and the steps to install it in Windows, and Mac.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Brother HL-3170CDW, you have to install and set up the Brother HL-3170CDW driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Brother HL-3170CDW printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Brother HL-3170CDW
The Features of the Brother HL-3170CDW are as follows,
Dimension of the Printer
- The printer comes in dimensions of 410×465×240 mm of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 17.7 kg.
- The acoustic power emission of the printer while printing is 6.31B(A), and the acoustic pressure emission is 53 dB(A) while printing.
- The acoustic power emission of the printer in Ready mode is 4.15 B(A), and the acoustic pressure emission is 33 dB(A) in standby mode.
- The operating humidity temperature of the printer is 20-80%.
- The operating relative humidity of the printer is 10-90%.
- Brother HL-3170CDW Driver printer has laser printing technology.
- With this printer you can get to print double sides of paper without any work manually.
- The printing resolution of the printer is about 600×600 dpi(dots per inch), 2400 dpi Quality.
- The printing speed of the printer is 22 ppm in A4 size paper and 23 ppm in letter in both Monochrome and Color.
- For Duplex printing the printing speed of the printer is 7 sides per minute which is approximately 3.5 minuter per minute for both color and monochrome.
- Furthermore, the first page print out time is about 16 seconds for both color and monochrome.
- The maximum consumption of the printer is 1152 watts of power.
- In sleep off mode it consumes 7 watts.
- It consumes 70 Watts of power when the printer is in the Ready mode.
- It consumes 0.61 Watts of power when the printer is in Deep sleep mode.
- When the printer is in Power off mode it consumes 0.03 watts of power.
- While printing the printer consumes 410 watts of power.
- Paper types and paper sizes allowed in these printers are
- The input tray of this printer can be loaded with 250 sheets of paper.
- The output tray can be loaded with 100 sheets of paper (face down), with 1 sheet face up.
- The paper weight allowed in this printer is 60-105 gsm.
- Media types allowed in these printers are Plain paper, Thin paper, recycled paper.
- Manual Feed Slot tray allows paper types like Plain paper, Thin paper, Thick paper, recycled paper, bond paper, Envelopes thin, thick, Labels.
- For duplex printing, paper size allowed is A4 paper types allowed are Plain paper, Thin paper, recycled paper.
- Paper size supported in this printer standard tray is Letter, Legal, A4, A5, B5(JIS), B5A6, Executive, Folio, A5 (long edge).
How to Download Brother HL-3170CDW Printer Driver
Download Brother HL-3170CDW driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Brother HL-3170CDW is available on two platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10,Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8,Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7,Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11,macOS X v10.10,macOS X v10.9,macOS X v10.8,macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Brother HL-3170CDW Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, select your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Brother HL-3170CDW is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Brother HL-3170CDW Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Brother HL-3170CDW Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Brother HL-3170CDW on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Brother official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Brother HL-3170CDW?
A: Brother HL-3170CDW is a printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Brother HL-3170CDW?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and select To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Brother HL-3170CDW to my computer?
A: Brother HL-3170CDW offers a wired and wireless connection to all PCs.