Brother HL-5240 is a laser monochrome printer that functions with Electrophotographic print technology. The printing speed of this printer is 28 ppm (pages per minute). The first Print-out time of this printer is less than 8.5 seconds. This printer has 16 MB of internal memory, and the user can connect the printer to the computer using USB, parallel. The paperweight supported in this printer is 60-161 gsm (grams per meter). The standard paper capacity of the printer is 250 sheets. Also, this printer comes up with Three years of Warranty. In this article, you can get information about the Brother HL-5240 driver download, and the steps to install it in Windows, and Mac.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Brother HL-5240, you have to install and set up the Brother HL-5240 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Brother HL-5240 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Brother HL-5240 Printer
The features of the Brother HL-5240 Printer are as follows,
- Dimension of the Printer
- The printer comes in dimensions of 14.6×15.1×9.7 in Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 20.9 lb (9.48 kg).
- Media Handling
- The input tray of this printer can be loaded with 250 sheets of paper.
- The Multipurpose tray can be filled with 50 sheets.
- The optional paper tray can be loaded with 500 sheets of paper.
- The maximum paper size allowed is 8.5×14 in (legal).
- The paper weight allowed in this printer is 60-161 gsm (grams per square meter).
- The printing speed of the printer is 28 ppm (pages per minute).
- Media types allowed in these printers are Plain paper, bond paper, transparencies, Labels, and recycled paper.
- Paper sizes supported in this printer are A4, Letter, A5, B6, A6, B6, B5(ISO), Executive.
- Environmental Settings
- When the printer is inactive, the sound pressure is 27 dB(A).
- When the printer is operating, the sound emission is 53 dB(A).
- The printing speed of the printer is about 20 ppm (pages per minute) in Monochrome.
- The first print-out time is less than 8.5 seconds.
- Printer languages supported in this printer are PCL6, BR-Script 3, IBM Pro-Printer XL, Epson FX-850 and the printer’s font types include 66 scalable fonts, 11 barcodes, and 12 bitmap fonts.
- Power Consumption
- This printer consumes 610 watts of power while operating.
- It consumes 80 watts of power when the printer is in Standby mode.
- It consumes 8 watts of power when the printer is in sleep mode.
How to Download Brother HL-5240 Printer Driver
Download Brother HL-5240 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Brother HL-5240 is available on two platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Brother HL-5240 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, select your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Brother HL-5240 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Brother HL-5240 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Brother HL-5240 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Brother HL-5240 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Brother official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Brother HL-5240?
A: Brother HL-5240 is a monochrome laser printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Brother HL-5240?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and select Installation Update.
Q: How do I connect my Brother HL-5240 to my computer?
A: Brother HL-5240 offers a wired connection to all PCs.