Brother HL-5380DN is a laser monochrome printer that functions with Electrophotographic print technology. The printing speed of this printer is 30 ppm (pages per minute) in A4 size paper, and in the letter, the printing speed is 32 ppm, and when the printer prints double side, it prints 13 ppm. The first Print-out time of this printer is less than 8.5 seconds. This printer has 32 MB of internal memory, and the user can connect the printer to the computer using USB, parallel, Ethernet. The standard paper capacity of the printer is 250 sheets. Also, this printer comes up with an LED and LCD Control panel with several switches. Moreover, you can print double sides of the paper without any work manually with this printer. In this article, you can get information about the Brother HL-5380DN driver download and the steps to install it in Windows and Mac.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Brother HL-5380DN, you must install and set up the Brother HL-5380DN driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Brother HL-5380DN printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Brother HL-5380DN Printer
The features of the Brother HL-5380DN Printer are as follows,
Dimension of the Printer
- The printer comes in dimensions of 15.5×15.1×10.2 in Width, Depth, and Height, respectively.
- The printer weighs about 20.9 lb (9.48 kg).
- You can load 250 sheets of paper in Input Tray.
- One can fill the Multipurpose tray with 50 sheets.
- You can fill the optional tray with 500 sheets of paper.
- The output tray can be filled with 150 sheets of paper face down.
- The paperweight allowed in this printer is 60-161 gsm (grams per square meter).
- Media types allowed in these printers are Plain paper, bond paper, transparencies, Labels, and recycled paper.
- Paper sizes supported in this printer are A4, Letter, A5, B6, A6, B6, B5(ISO), Executive.
- The sound pressure while printing is 54 dB(A).
- The sound power emission while printing is 6.95 B(A).
- In standby mode the sound power emission level is 35 dB(A).
- While in standby mode, the sound power emission is 4.8 B(A).
- The printer’s printing speed is about 30 ppm (pages per minute) in Monochrome in A4 Size paper, 32 ppm in the letter.
- The first print-out time is less than 8.5 seconds.
- Printer languages supported in this printer are PCL6, BR-Script 3, IBM Pro-Printer XL, Epson FX-850, and the printer’s font types include 66 scalable fonts, 13 barcodes, and 12 bitmap fonts.
- This printer consumes 675 watts of power while operating.
- It consumes 75 watts of power when the printer is in Standby mode.
- It consumes 6 watts of power when the printer is in sleep mode.
How to Download Brother HL-5380DN Printer Driver
Download Brother HL-5380DN driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Brother HL-5380DN is available on two platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Brother HL-5380DN Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, select your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, will install all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Brother HL-5380DN is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Brother HL-5380DN Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button, and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and create an Alias. It will install the setup file.
- You can test the printer by clicking the Execute button if you want. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Brother HL-5380DN Driver
There are plenty of websites to download and install the driver file for printers. You can find the driver installation file for Brother HL-5380DN on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Brother official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Brother HL-5380DN?
A: Brother HL-5380DN is a monochrome laser printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Brother HL-5380DN?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and select Installation Update.
Q: How do I connect my Brother HL-5380DN to my computer?
A: Brother HL-5380DN offers a wired connection to all PCs.
- Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6275i Printer Driver Download
- Epson XP-6000 Printer Driver Download
- Sharp MX-M753 Printer Driver Download
- Brother DCP-7030 Printer Driver Download
- HP ENVY Pro 6430e Printer Driver Download