Brother MFC-J875DW is an Inkjet Printer. This printer has Thermal inkjet printing technology. Also, this printer is a multifunction printer that can perform activities like printing, scanning, and copying. This printer can be connected to a computer using the USB 2.0 interface, PictBridge, LAN, Wi-Fi LAN, and NFC. Also, this printer has 128 MB of inbuilt memory. The printing speed of the printer is 33 ppm in monochrome and 24 ppm in color. We have also added Brother MFC-J875DW Printer Driver Download steps below in this article.
Added to that, direct print port options include PictBridge where the user can print directly from the camera without connecting to the computer. Also, this printer comes up with a 2.7-inch TFT Color Touchscreen LCD and Touchpanel, users can easily navigate using this control panel.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Brother MFC-J875DW, you have to install and set up the Brother MFC-J875DW driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Brother MFC-J875DW printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Brother MFC-J875DW
Here are some of the features of Brother MFC-J875DW
- Dimension of the printer
- The printer comes in dimensions of 16.1×14.7×7.1 of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- And the printer weighs about 20.7 lb (9.39 kg).
- compatible with ITU-T Group 3 with Automatic fallback, the modem speed is 14,400 kbps.
- The faxing resolution of the printer is
- Standard resolution in black is 203×98 dpi
- Standard resolution in color is 203×196 dpi
- Fine resolution in black and color is 203×196 dpi
- Superfine resolution in black is 203×392 dpi
- Photo resolution in color is 203×196 dpi
- Automatic redialing can be done 1 time after 5 minutes, 200 pages of memory transmission, broadcast to 6 groups, can speed dial to 100 stations or 2 numbers or email addresses and so on.
- Can copy in both color and monochrome.
- User can stack up to 99 multiple copies.
- User can enlarge and reduce the size from 25-400% with 1% increment.
- The copying resolution of the printer is 1200×2400 dpi.
- For 2 sided copying allowed, paper type is Plain paper and paper size allowed is letter, A4, A5, Executive.
- It has 30-bit input color depth and 24-bit of output color depth.
- It has 10- bit of input gray scale and 8- bit of output gray scale.
- The optical scanning resolution of the printer is 1200×2400 dpi.
- And the ADF optical scanning resolution is 1200×600 dpi.
- The interpolated scanning resolution is 19200×19200, dpi.
- Brother MFC-J875DW printer has Inkjet color printing technology.
- The printer’s printing speed is about 35 ppm (pages per minute) in Monochrome and 24 ppm in color.
- The printing width allowed is 8.26 inch (20.98 cm).
- The printing resolution of the printer is about 1200×6000 dpi (dots per inch).
The below are the media handling capabilities of the printer.
Standard Paper Tray
- Paper tray
- This tray can be filled with 100 sheets of paper.
- The paper size allowed in this tray is Letter, Executive, A4, JIS B5, A5, A6, Envelopes com-10, DL, Monarch, 4×6 in, 3.5×5 in, 5×7 in, 5×8 in.
- And the paper types allowed in this tray are Plain Paper, Inkjet paper, Transparency and glossy paper.
- And the paperweight supported in this tray is 80 gsm (Grams Per Square Meter).
- This tray can be filled with 20 sheets of paper.
- The paper size allowed in this tray is 4×6 in, 3.5×5 in.
- And the paper types allowed in this tray are Plain Paper, Inkjet paper, Glossy paper.
- This tray can be filled with 50 sheets of paper face down.
- The paper size allowed in this tray is Plain paper.
- And the paperweight supported in this tray is 80 gsm (Grams Per Square Meter).
- ADF tray can be filled with 20 pages.
- The width of the ADF document size is about 5.8 to 8.5 in, and the length of the ADF document size is 5.8 to 14 in.
- Scanner Glass document size allowed maximum width is about 8.5 in and Scanner Glass Length size 11.7 in.
- Paper size allowed is Letter, A4, Ledger, A3, A6, Photo 4×6 in, 3.5×5 in, 5×7 in, 5×8 in.
- For 2 sided printing paper type allowed is plain paper and paper size allowed is Letter, A4, A5, Executive.
- The operating relative humidity of the printer should be within 20-80% RH, non condensing.
- The acoustic pressure emission is 50 dB(A) while printing.
- The operating temperature of the printer is 10 °C to 35 °C.
- This printer consumes 19 Watts of power while copying.
- When the printer is ready, it consumes 4 Watts of power.
- It consumes 0.2 Watts of power when the printer is in the power-off mode.
- And it consumes 1.2 Watts of power when the printer is in sleep mode.
How to Download Brother MFC-J875DW
Download Brother MFC-J875DW driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Brother MFC-J875DW is available on two platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10,Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8,Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7,Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11,macOS X v10.10,macOS X v10.9,macOS X v10.8,macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Brother MFC-J875DW Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Brother MFC-J875DW is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Brother MFC-J875DW Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Brother MFC-J875DW Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Brother MFC-J875DW on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Brother official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Brother MFC-J875DW?
A: Brother MFC-J875DW is an Inkjet color printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Brother MFC-J875DW?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Brother MFC-J875DW to my computer?
A: Brother MFC-J875DW offers a wired and wireless connection to all PCs.