Brother PT-18R is a Label Printer. This device has a QWERTY layout-type keyboard. The device comes up with 58 keys in total. This printer device has a memory size of up to 495 characters. Users can connect the printer and the computer using a USB 1.1 interface. Furthermore, this printer comes up with an LCD (Liquid Crystal Display). The printer device comes in a small desktop housing design with a charging holder unit, Blue & silver color. The printing speed of the printer is 10 mm per second. Let’s see more about the Brother PT-18R Driver and the steps to install it in Windows.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Brother PT-18R, you have to install and set up the Brother PT-18R drivers on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Brother PT-18R printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Brother PT-18R Printer
The below are the features of the Brother PT-18R Printer,
Dimension of the Printer
- The printer comes in dimensions of 149×52×122.5 mm Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 580 grams.
- This printer comes up with an LCD (Liquid Crystal Display).
- It has 15 characters with 2 lines.
- As a result, the user can see the information displayed on the device clearly.
- The Printer is available in English, German, French languages.
- There is no LCD backlit.
- The printer has a thermal printer printing method.
- The print head has 128 dots.
- The resolution of the printer is 180 dpi (Dots Per Inch).
- The print height of the printer is 15.8 mm.
- The printing speed of the device is 10 mm per second.
- The printer comes with Auto-cutter.
- Label length that is allowed for printing is 40-300 mm.
- Users can preview before printing.
- Margin settings depend upon the print mode.
- Font style includes Helsinki, Brussels, Florida, and Belgium.
- The tape type allowed for printing is TZ Tape.
- The printable tape size is as follows 6 mm, 9 mm, 12 mm, and 18 mm.
How to Download Brother PT-18R Printer Driver
Download Brother PT-18R driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Brother PT-18R is available on
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
How to Install & Setup Brother PT-18R Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Brother PT-18R is ready to print all your files.
Why Install Official Brother PT-18R Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Brother PT-18R on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Brother official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Brother PT-18R?
A: Brother PT-18R is a Thermal Label Printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Brother PT-18R?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose Install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Brother PT-18R to my computer?
A: Brother PT-18R offers a USB 1.1 wired connection to all PCs.