Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 Printer is a Large format Inkjet color printer. This printer has Canon FINE (Full-Lithography Nozzle Engineering) print head, that the ink cartridges have a mechanical print head that was mounted into the cartridge instead of the printer this technology produces quality images. Furthermore, the ink palette allowed in these printers is Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, Photo Black, Matte Black. And when it comes to nozzles this printer contains 30,720 nozzles in a total of which Matte black consists of 5120 and 2560 nozzles for the colors Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, and Photo Black. And the printer has Non-firing nozzle detection and compensation element. Added to that, the ink capacity of the ink tank is 130 ml for each color, and the printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 4 picoliters (pl). And this device has a one-year warranty. Let us see how to download Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 Printer Driver.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500, you have to install and set up the Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500
- Dimensions of the printer
- Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 printer is a 17-inch Large format printer.
- This printer comes with physical measurements as follows 32.2×28.9×12.5 in of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- And the printer weighs about 86 lb (39.01 kg).
- Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 printer is an inkjet color photo printer.
- The printing resolution of this printer is 2400×1200 dpi (Dots Per Inch).
- This printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 4 picoliter (pl).
- Also, this printer allows Four colors inks that include Cyan, Black, Yellow, and Magenta, Photo Black, and Matte black.
- Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 printer allows Five color inks.
- Cyan, Yellow, Photo Black, and Magenta ink cartridge.
- Two Matte Black Ink cartridges.
- Paper Feeder
- In the roll feed, the user can load one roll.
- In the top loading manual feed, user can load one sheet.
- The front loading manual feed of the printer can be filled with one sheet.
- And the cassette can be feed with 250 sheets of paper.
- Paper types allowed in the cassette is Letter and Plain paper.
- The media width allowed in this printer is 8-17 in both roll and cassette.
- And the paper thickness of the printer can be
- 0.8-0.8 mm in Top loading manual feed
- 0.5-1.5 mm in front loading manual feed
- 0.07-0.8 mm in the roll feed
- 0.08-0.3 mm in the cassette feed.
- And the media roll print length is 59 feet (17.98 m) and the maximum media roll diameter is 150 mm.
- Connectivity options are as follows,
- USB 2.0 port
- Connectivity options are as follows,
- Environmental Conditions
- The operating relative humidity should be within 20-80% RH.
- The noise level is 53 dB (A) while operating and 35 dB (A) while in standby mode, and the acoustic power emission level is 6.7 Bels.
- When the printer is operating, the environment temperature should be between 10 and 35 degree Celsius.
- Power consumption
- The printer consumes maximum 100 Watts of power.
- And when the printer is in Standby mode, the power it consumes is 6 Watts.
How to Download Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500
Download Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 is available on three platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Canon official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500?
A: Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 is an inkjet color printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 to my computer?
A: Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 offers wired and wireless connections to all PCs.