Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S is an Inkjet color printer. This printer uses Canon FINE printing inkjet technology (Full lithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering). The ink plate color supported in this printer is 8 colors. This printer is a large format printer. This printer contains 2560 Nozzles for each color. The minimum droplet ink size is 4 Picoliters (pl). The Ink type used in this printer is Canon LUCIA EX pigment ink. In this article, you can get information about the Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400s driver download, and the steps to install it in Windows, and Mac.
The printer language supported in this printer is GARO (Graphics Art Language with Raster operations). This printer’s storage capacity is 250 GB. The minimum document height allowed in this printer is 8 inches (20.32 cm) and the maximum height of the document is 60 m. And the maximum printing length of the printer is 59 ft (17.98 meters). This printer comes up with a one-year warranty, and it is certified with Energy Star for less consumption of power.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S, you have to install and set up the Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400s printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S Printer
The features of the Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S are as follows,
Dimension of the printer
- The printer comes up with 2299×766×1144 mm dimensions of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The weight of the printer is about 354.94 lb (161 kg).
- The media type supported in this printer is Plain paper.
- Then the Media width for the cut sheet is 8 (20.32 cm)-60 inches (152.4 cm).
- The Paper width of the cut sheet is 10(25.4 cm) – 60 inches (152.4 cm).
- Paper thickness in the Front loading manual feed should be 0.07×0.8 mm, In the Roll sheet, it is 0.07×0.8 mm.
- The maximum length of the roll sheet can be 59 ft (17.98 meters), and the maximum diameter of the roll is 5.9 inches (14.99 centimeters).
- For borderless printing allowed paper size is 515 mm(JIS B2), 1030 mm(JIS B0), 594 mm (ISO A1), 841 (ISO A2), 10″,14″, 17″, 24″, 36″, 42″, 44″, 50″, 60″.
- The paper feeding method
- Roll feed- one roll, Front output
- Front-loading manual feed- one sheet, Front output.
- The printing speed of the printer is 1 minute in a fast economy mode in A0 and plain paper, 3.2 Minutes in Standard mode.
- The printing speed of the printer is 1.7 minutes in the fast mode in A0 and coated paper, 3.2 Minutes in Standard mode.
- This printer’s speed in the fast mode is 3.2 minutes in the fast mode in A0 and Photo paper, 4.9 Minutes in Standard mode.
- The printing resolution of the printer is 2400×1200 dpi(dots per inch).
- The minimum ink droplet size is 4 Picoliters (pl).
- The printer language supported in this printer is GARO (Graphics Art Language and Raster operations).
Replaceable Ink cartridge
- PFI-306 (330 ml) Black, Matte Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Photo Cyan, Photo Magenta, Gray.
- PFI-706(300 ml) Black, Matte Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Photo Cyan, Photo Magenta, Gray.
- The operating relative humidity should be within 10-80% non-condensation.
- The sound emission level when the printer is inactive is 35 dB(A) and the sound emission level while operating is 68 dB(A).
- While the printers, the minimum environment temperature should be between 59 °F.
- The maximum temperature in the environment of the printer should be within 86 °F.
- When the printer is operating, the printer consumes 190 Watts.
- This printer consumes 6 Watts of power in sleep mode.
- When the printer is in Standby mode, it consumes 6 Watts.
How to Download Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400s Printer Driver
Download Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400s driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400s is available on three platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Linux MIPS, Linux ARM, Linux 64bit, Linux 32bit
How to Install & Setup Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, select your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S Printer Driver on Linux
- Extract the driver installation file on your Linux PC.
- Open the installation folder and enter the Terminal window.
- Execute the command sudo su to get into the superuser. Enter the password for verification.
- Now, enter the /install.sh command and enter y (yes) for confirmation.
- After the installation, you will be asked to register the printer. Enter y.
- Now, your PC will search for printers. If detected, choose your printer.
- For a USB connection, you have to enter the device URL. For a network connection, you have to choose the protocol and host name or IP address.
- After that, the setup will be completed.
- Now, you can take printouts with ease.
Why Install Official Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S Printer Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Canon official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S?
A: Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S is an inkjet color large format printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S ?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and select Install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S to my computer?
A: Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S offers a wired connection to all PCs.