Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i is a Monochrome Laser Multifunctional printer. This printer can scan, print, Optional fax, and works as a multifunction printer. Using this printer, the user can get 55 ppm, and the print resolution of the printer is up to 1200×1200 dpi, 600×600 dpi (dots per inch). While using A3 paper, the user can get 32 ppm, 40 ppm for A4R, 35 ppm in A5R. The warm-up time of the printer is 30 seconds. With the help of USB, Ethernet, USB hosts, users can connect the printer and the computer. The printer’s memory is 2 GB, and it has a 160 GB HDD (Hard Disk Drive). With the aid of the 8.4 inches (21.34 cm) LCD setup, the user can easily navigate. In this article, you can get information about the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i driver download and the steps to install it in Windows and Mac.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i printer, you must install and set up the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i Printer
The features of the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i are as follows,
- Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i is a monochrome laser printer.
- While using A4 size paper, the user can print 55 ppm.
- While using A3 size paper, the user can print 32 ppm, 40 ppm in A4R, and 35 ppm in A5R.
- The printing resolution of this printer is about 1200×1200 dpi, 600×600 dpi.
- Users can automatically print the two sides of a paper.
- Furthermore, users can print from Mobile and with the help of cloud printing.
- This printer is a monochrome laser beam printing.
- The copying speed of the printer in A4 size paper is 55 ppm, while using A3 size paper.
- The user can copy 32 ppm, 40 ppm in A4R, and 35 ppm in A5R.
- The first copy out time of the printer is 3.3 seconds.
- Users can stack 999 multiple copies.
- The copying resolution of the printer is 600×600 dpi for reading and 1200×1200 dpi for printing.
- Moreover, users can enlarge and reduce the copy size from 25-400% with 1% increments.
- This scanner has a color flatbed plus single-pass duplex ADF.
- The scanner also has a duplex scanning feature.
- File formats accepted for scanning are TIFF, JPEG, PDF, XPS, High compression PDF/XPS, Searchable PDF/XPS, PDF/A-1b, and Office Open XML.
- With super G3, the modem speed is 33.6 kbps, and the transmission of the printer is 3 seconds per page.
- The fax resolution of the printer is
- Standard: 200×100 dpi
- Fine: 200×200 dpi
- Superfine: 200×400 dpi
- Ultrafine: 400×400 dpi
- The storage memory of the fax machine is 8000 pages.
- Users can speed dial to 200 maximum locations and 199 dials to group destinations, and many more.
- One can load this printer with 7700 sheets.
- The multipurpose tray can be loaded with 100 sheets of paper.
- In the upper left and right cassettes, the user can load paper types: thin, plain, heavy, recycled, color, bond, and letterhead.
- You can load the thin paper, plain paper, recycled paper, color paper, letterhead, bond paper, and Tab paper in the lower cassettes.
- Furthermore, in the multipurpose tray, users can load paper types like Heavy paper, Pre-punched paper, Bond, Transparency, Label, Letterhead, Bond paper, envelopes, recycled, thin, plain, and color paper.
- In the paper deck units, users can load paper types like pre-punched, letterhead, bond, thin, plain, recycled, color, and heavy paper.
Dimensions of the Printer
- The dimensions of this printer are about 645×770×1220 mm Width, Depth, Height, respectively.
- The printer weighs about 234 kg.
- The operating relative humidity should be within 20-80%RH.
- The stand-by power emission level is 36 dB, and the noise emission is 57 dB while active.
- While the printer is printing, the environment temperature should be between 10 and 30 degrees Celsius.
- The printer consumes 2400 watts of power.
- It consumes 0.9 watts of power when the printer is in sleep mode.
- It consumes 246 watts when the printer is in standby mode.
- When the printer is in energy saver mode, it consumes is 223 watts.
How to Download Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i Printer Driver
Download Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i is available on two platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
- Linux MIPS, Linux ARM, Linux 64bit, Linux 32bit
How to Install & Setup Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, select your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Select your place of residence and click, Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
How to Install & Setup Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i Printer Driver on Linux
- Extract the driver installation file on your Linux PC.
- Open the installation folder and enter the Terminal window.
- Execute the command sudo su to get into superuser. Enter the password for verification.
- Now, enter the /install.sh command and enter y (yes) for confirmation.
- After the installation, you will be asked to register the printer. Enter y.
- Now, your PC will search for printers. If detected, choose your printer.
- For a USB connection, you have to enter the device URL. For a network connection, you have to choose the protocol and hostname or IP address.
- After that, the setup will be completed.
- Now, you can take printouts with ease.
Why Install Official Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Canon official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i?
A: Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i is a monochrome laser printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and select Installation Update.
Q: How do I connect my Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i to my computer?
A: Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6255i offers a wired connection to all PCs. By using the USB port, the user can connect the printer and the computer.