Canon PIXMA G2500 is an inkjet photo printer, and it is a Multi-function printer. This printer aids both Windows and Mac. As a multi-function, the printer can perform activities like printing, scanning, and copying. The printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 2 picoliters (pl). The printer consists of two FINE ink cartridges for both color and black printing. Users can connect the printer to the PC using a USB 2.0 High-speed interface. With this printer device, the user can be ensured with high-quality photo prints with optimal printing speed, Borderless printing features, high-resolution photo printing, and many more features are available in this printer. Download Canon PIXMA G2500 Driver to maximize its capabilities.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have Canon PIXMA G2500, you have to install and set up the Canon PIXMA G2500 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Canon PIXMA G2500 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Canon PIXMA G2500 Printer
The features of the Canon PIXMA G2500 Printer are:
Dimensions of the Printer
- This printer comes with physical measurements of about 445×330×163 mm Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 5.8 kg.
- Canon PIXMA G2500 printer is a multi-function printer.
- The printing resolution of this printer is 4800×1200, dpi (Dots Per Inch).
- This printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 2 picoliters.
- The printing speed of the printer is 8.8 ipm (Images Per Minute) in Monochrome.
- The printing speed of the printer in color is 5 ipm.
- It takes 60 seconds for a 10×15 cm Borderless photo.
- This printer has Contact Image sensor scanning technology. And it has a flatbed scanner and document scanner.
- The optical scanning resolution of the printer is 600×1200 dpi.
- It has a 48- bit of input color depth and 24-bit output color depth.
- The scanning speed of the printer is 19 seconds for A4 size paper.
- The maximum document size allowed for scanning is 216×297 mm.
- The first copy-out time of the printer is 32 seconds (FCOT).
- Users can stack about 21 copies with one original document.
- Some copying features of the printer include Borderless copy, fit to page copy, and document copying.
- The printing speed of the printer is 8.8 ipm in Black.
- The printing speed of the printer in color is 5 ipm (pages per minute).
- It takes 60 seconds to print a 10×15 cm Borderless Photo.
- Paper sizes and paper types allowed in these printers are,
- Media types allowed in these printers are
- Plain paper, Canon High-resolution paper, photo paper pro luster, photo paper plus Glossy II, Glossy photo paper “everyday use”, photo paper plus semi gloss, Matte photo paper, and envelope.
- Paper sizes allowed in these printers are A4, B5, A5, 4×6 in, 8×10 in, 5×7 in, Letter, Legal, DL Envelopes.
- Media types allowed in these printers are
- If it is plain paper, the printer can support 64-105 gsm of paper weight, and it is canon photo paper the printer can support 275 gsm.
Ink Cartridge Details
- GI-590 Pigment Black Ink cartridge.
- GI-590 Yellow, Cyan, Magenta ink cartridge.
- The printer consumes 0.8 watts of power in standby mode.
- It consumes 11 watts of power while copying.
- The Printer takes nearly 7 minutes to enter into standby mode.
- It consumes 0.4 watts of power in off mode.
- The noise level of the printer is 46.5 dB(A).
- The relative operating humidity of the printer should range between 10-90% RH without condensation.
- The recommended operating temperature of the printer is 5 to 35 degrees Celsius.
How to Download Canon PIXMA G2500 Printer Driver
Download Canon PIXMA G2500 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Canon PIXMA G2500 is available on two platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA G2500 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Canon PIXMA G2500 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA G2500 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Canon PIXMA G2500 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Canon PIXMA G2500 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Canon official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Canon PIXMA G2500?
A: Canon PIXMA G2500 is a multifunction Inkjet photo printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Canon PIXMA G2500?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and click Install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Canon PIXMA G2500 to my computer?
A: Canon PIXMA G2500 offers wired and wireless connections to all PCs.