Canon PIXMA iP8500 is a Photo printer that generates Quality Prints with optimal printing speed. This printer is an inkjet color printer. And the printing speed depends upon the printer modes, whether it is Black printing or color printing. This printer can be connected to the computer through a USB 2.0 interface. In addition, users can directly print using The PictBridge, where the user can print directly from the camera without connecting the printer to the computer. Furthermore, this printer contains 6144 total nozzles 768 Nozzles for each color, and the printer allows Eight ink cartridges that include Cyan, Magenta, Black, Yellow, Photo Cyan, Photo Magenta, Red, and Green. This printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 2 picoliters(pl) and has 80 Kb Buffer ram.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Canon PIXMA iP8500, you must install and set up the Canon PIXMA iP8500 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. In addition, there are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Now, let’s see how to install and set up the Canon PIXMA iP8500 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Canon PIXMA iP8500
- Dimension of the printer
- The physical dimensions of the printer is 17.8×6.7×11.5 in of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- And the printer weighs about 15.4 lb (6.99 kg).
- The printing resolution of the printer is 4800×2400, dpi(dots per inch) in color and 4800×2400 dpi in Monochrome.
- Ink cartridge supported in these printers are Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Photo Cyan, Photo Magenta, Red, and Green.
- Therefore, this Printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 2 picoliter (pl)
- The printing speed of the printer is 25 ppm in Monochrome and 17 ppm in color,
- The Printer is Photo printer which has inkjet printing technology.
- Print rate
- The printing speed of the printer is 1.8 ppm in A4 size Photo(8.25×11.7 in), and it takes 2.9 ppm (pages per minute) photo paper of size 3.95×5.9 in,
- And printing speed of the printer is 16 ppm (images per minute)in Monochrome it takes 3.8 seconds per page, And the printing speed of the printer is 12 ppm in color which takes 5 seconds per page.
- Power consumption
- This printer consumes 23 Watts of power while operating,
- It consumes 1 Watts of power when the printer is in the standby mode,
- And it consumes 1 Watts of power when the printer is in sleep mode.
- Environmental conditions
- The operating relative humidity can range between 10-90%,
- The sound emission level of the printer is 34 dB(A),
- Minimum operating temperature is 41 °F (5 °C),
- And the maximum operating temperature of the printer is 95 °F (35 °C).
- The standard input capacity of the printer is 300 sheets of paper,
- Paper size allowed in this printer is A4, Letter A size,
- The paper weight supported in this printer is 64-273 gsm (grams per square meter),
- Media type supported in these printers are Photo paper, Plain paper, Envelopes. And Canon specialty papers, Glossy photo paper, High resolution papers, Matte photo paper, photo paper plus glossy, photo paper plus double-sided, photo paper semi gloss, photo paper pro, bubble jet transparencies.
- For Borderless printing, Media sizes allowed in these printers are Letter, Legal, Credit card, 4×6, 5×7, U.S.#10 envelopes.
- Ink cartridges used in these printers are
- BCI-6K Black ink,BCI-6C Cyan ink cartridge, BCI-6Y Yellow ink cartridge, BCI-6M Magenta ink cartridge,BCI-6R Red ink cartridge, BCI-6G Green ink cartridge, BCI-6PC Photo Cyan ink cartridge, BCI-6PM Photo Magenta.
- In addition to that, the printer consists of 6144 Nozzles in that 768 Nozzles for each color(8 colors)
How to Download Canon PIXMA iP8500 Driver
Download Canon PIXMA iP8500 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Canon PIXMA iP8500 is compatible and available for these Operating Systems on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA iP8500 Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Then click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Canon PIXMA iP8500 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA iP8500 Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- After that, Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Then, choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Canon PIXMA iP8500 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. For example, you can find the driver installation file for Canon PIXMA iP8500 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Canon official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Canon PIXMA iP8500?
A: Canon PIXMA iP8500 is an Inkjet color photo printer; in addition to that, this printer gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Canon PIXMA iP8500?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Next, navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Canon PIXMA iP8500 to my computer?
A: Canon PIXMA iP8500 offers wired connections to all PCs.