Canon PIXMA ix6820 printer is an Inkjet Color photo printer. Also, this printer allows five color palettes that include Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, and Black, and Pigment Black, And this printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 1 picoliter(pl). This printer uses a Canon FINE print head (Full-Lithography Nozzle Engineering). And the ink type used is ChromaLife 100+. Users can connect the Canon PIXMA iX6820 Printer and the computer using its official driver with a USB 2.0 High-speed interface, Wireless features, and Ethernet connections to connect to a network. The printer consists of 5120 Nozzles of which 1024 nozzles are for Black and 4096 nozzles for color. Also, this printer comes up with a one-year warranty.
Some notable features of the printer include Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Auto power on and off mode which helps users to save power consumption. Printing options include Borderless Printing, Document Printing, Photo Printing, Wireless Printing. And the printer uses Individual ink tanks, and thus it also allows XL ink tanks. The quiet mode in this printer allows the user to work without any sound.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have Canon PIXMA ix6820, you have to install and set up the Canon PIXMA ix6820 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Canon PIXMA ix6820 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Canon PIXMA iX6820 Wireless Business Printer
- Dimensions of the printer
- This printer comes with the physical measurements of about 23×12.3×6.3 in of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- And the printer weighs about 17.9 lb (8.12 kg).
- Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer is inkjet color photo printer.
- The printing resolution of this printer is 9600×2400, dpi (Dots Per Inch) in color.
- And the printing resolution of the printer is 600×600 dpi in Monochrome.
- This printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 1 picoliter.
- And it takes 36 seconds for 4×6 in photo.
- Also, this printer allows Four colors inks that include Cyan, Black, Yellow, and Magenta and Pigment Black.
- Ink cartridge
- Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer allows Five color inks.
- CLI-251 Cyan, Yellow, Black, and Magenta ink cartridge.
- PGI-250 Pigment Black Ink cartridge.
- CLI-251 XL Cyan, Yellow, Black, and Magenta ink cartridge.
- PGI-250 XL Pigment Black Ink cartridge.
- Print rate
- The printing speed of the printer is 14.5 ppm in Black.
- The printing speed of the printer in color is 10.4 ppm (pages per minute).
- And it takes 39 seconds to print 4×6 in Photo.
- Paper sizes and paper types allowed in these printers are,
- Media types allowed in these printers are Plain paper, High resolution paper, photo paper pro platinum, photo paper plus glossy, photo paper plus Glossy II, photo paper pro Luster, photo paper plus semi gloss, Matte photo paper.
- Paper sizes allowed in these printers are 4×6 in, 8×10 in, 5×7 in, Letter, Legal, 11×17 in, 13×19 in, U.S. #10 Envelopes.
- And the total media capacity of the printer is 150 sheets.
- Connectivity options are as follows,
- USB 2.0 port
- Wireless LAN
- Connectivity options are as follows,
How to Download Canon PIXMA iX6820
Download Canon PIXMA ix6820 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Canon PIXMA ix6820 is available on three platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
- Linux MIPS, Linux ARM, Linux 64bit, Linux 32bit
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA iX6820 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Canon PIXMA ix6820 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA iX6820 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA iX6820 Printer Driver on Linux
- Extract the driver installation file on your Linux PC.
- Open the installation folder and enter the Terminal window.
- Execute the command sudo su to get into super user. Enter the password for verification.
- Now, enter the /install.sh command. And enter y (yes) for confirmation.
- After the installation, you will be asked to register the printer. Enter y.
- Now, your PC will search for printers. If detected, choose your printer.
- For USB connection, you have to enter the device URL. For network connection, you have to choose the protocol and host name or IP address.
- After that, the setup will be completed.
- Now, you can take printouts with ease.
Why Install Official Canon PIXMA iX6820 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Canon PIXMA ix6820 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Canon official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Canon PIXMA ix6820?
A: Canon PIXMA ix6820 is an Inkjet color printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Canon PIXMA ix6820?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Canon PIXMA ix6820 to my computer?
A: Canon PIXMA ix6820 offers wired and wireless connections to all PCs.