Canon PIXMA MG7160 is a Wireless all-in-one printer. With this printer, you can print, copy, scan, cloud link. This printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 1 picoliter (pl). The printer has an Inkjet FINE print head. This printer user ChromaLife100+ inks. This printer has Air Print, print form email, WLAN Pict bridge, Borderless Printing, Memory Card Slots, PIXMA Cloud Link. The LCD screen of the printer is 8.8 cm, and it has a touch panel. The printer comes up with a one-year warranty. You can download Canon PIXMA MG7160 Driver to maximize its capabilities.
Users can connect the printer and the computer using a USB 2.0 High-speed interface, Ethernet, Pict bridge, and Wireless LAN. Notable features of the printer include My Image Garden, Easy-WebPrint EX. This printer allows duplex printing.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have Canon PIXMA MG7160, you have to install and set up the Canon PIXMA MG7160 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Canon PIXMA MG7160 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Canon PIXMA MG7160 Printer
Look at the features of the Canon PIXMA MG7160 Printer.
Dimensions of the Printer
- This printer comes with physical measurements of about 466×369×148 mm Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 8.2 kg.
- The printing resolution of this printer is 9600×2400, dpi (Dots Per Inch).
- This printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 1 picoliter.
- The printing speed of the printer is 15 ipm (Images Per Minute) in Monochrome.
- The printing speed of the printer in color is 10 ipm.
- It takes 21 seconds to print a photo.
- The copy speed is 17 seconds approximately.
- Users can stack 99 multiple copies with one single document.
- Some copying features of the printer include Borderless Copying, 4 in 1, 2-in1, disc label copy, double-sided copy.
- You can reduce and resize the copy size from 25-400 %.
- This printer has CIS flatbed photo document scanning technology (Contact Image Sensor).
- This printer has a flatbed scanner.
- The scanner resolution of the printer is 2400×4800, dpi (Dots Per Inch).
- The scanning speed of the printer is 14 seconds.
- The maximum document size that can be allowed to scan is 216×297 mm.
- The printing speed of the printer is 15 ipm in Black.
- The printing speed of the printer in color is 10 ipm (pages per minute).
- Users can print 4×6 borderless photos in 21 seconds.
- Paper sizes and paper types allowed in these printers are,
- Media types allowed in these printers are
- Plain paper, Canon Pro Platinum, Canon Pro Luster, Canon Plus Glossy II, Canon Plus Semi-gloss, Canon “Everyday Use”, Canon Matte, Canon High Resolution Paper, Canon Photo Stickers, Canon T-Shirt Transfer, and Other Fine Art Papers and envelope.
- The upper cassette can be filled with 20 sheets of photo paper.
- The Lower Cassette can be filled with 125 sheets of plain paper.
- Connectivity features of the printer include,
- USB 2.0
Ink Cartridge Details
- PGI-550XL Pigment Black Ink cartridge.
- PGI-550 Pigment Black Ink cartridge.
- CLI-551Color ink cartridge.
- CLI-551XL Color ink cartridge.
- In standby mode, it consumes 1 Watts of power.
- When the printer is Copying mode it consumes 17 watts of power.
- In off mode it consumes 0.2 watts of power.
How to Download Canon PIXMA MG7160 Printer Driver
Download Canon PIXMA MG7160 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Printer Drivers
Canon PIXMA MG7160 is available on three platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
- Linux MIPS, Linux ARM, Linux 64bit, Linux 32bit
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA MG7160 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, select your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Canon PIXMA MG7160 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA MG7160 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
How to Install & Setup Canon i-SENSYS LBP7110Cw Printer Driver on Linux
- Extract the driver installation file on your Linux PC.
- Open the installation folder and enter the Terminal window.
- Execute the command sudo su to get into super user. Enter the password for verification.
- Now, enter the /install.sh command. And enter y (yes) for confirmation.
- After the installation, you will be asked to register the printer. Enter y.
- Now, your PC will search for printers. If detected, choose your printer.
- For a USB connection, you have to enter the device URL. You must select the protocol and hostname or IP address for a network connection.
- After that, the setup will be completed.
- Now, you can take printouts with ease.
Why Install Official Canon PIXMA MG7160 Printer Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Canon PIXMA MG7160 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Canon official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Canon PIXMA MG7160?
A: Canon PIXMA MG7160 is an all-in-one printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Canon PIXMA MG7160?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and select Installation Update.
Q: How do I connect my Canon PIXMA MG7160 to my computer?
A: Canon PIXMA MG7160 offers wired and wireless connections to all PCs.