Canon PIXMA MG8220 is an all-in-one Thermal inkjet printer. This printer uses thermal inkjet technology for color printing. This printer also has several features that can be added as an advantage for office use. By using this printer, users can print from memory cards, USB drives, and saving memory cards. This printer has six individual ink tanks and has a minimum ink droplet size of about 1 picoliter (pl). Canon PIXMA MG8220 has been certified with Energy star for less consumption of power. This printer comes up with a touch system with a diagonal size of about 3.5 inches (8.89 cm). In this article, you can get information about the Canon PIXMA MG8220 driver download, and the steps to install it in Windows, and Mac.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Canon PIXMA MG8220 printer, you have to install and set up the Canon PIXMA MG8220 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Canon PIXMA MG8220 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Canon PIXMA MG8220
The features of the printer Canon PIXMA MG8220 are,
Dimensions of the Printer
- The physical measurements of the printer is about 18.5×15.6×7.9 of Weight, Depth, Height respectively.
- This printer weighs about 23.6 lbs.
- This printer has a flatbed scanner.
- The optical resolution of the scanning is about 4800×9600 dpi (dots per inch).
- The enhanced resolution of scanning device the interpolated resolution of the printer is about 19,200×19,200 dpi (dots per inch).
- This printer has scanning features like wireless scanning, push scan, scan to memory, film scan, gutter shadow correction, auto document fix, auto scan mode.
- The maximum size that can be scanned is of 8.5×11.7 inch (29.72 cm).
- The First page out time of the printer in color is 14 seconds,
- User can magnify up to 400% and the reduction limit 25%,
- This printer has copying features like
- Auto duplex copy, 4 in1/2 in 1 (user can print 4 pages in single sheet of paper) auto exposure, intensity copy, face brightener/fading correction, masking copy, preset copy ratios, photo reprint, multiple copies up to 99 pages. Moreover, this copier can do Gutter shadow correction copy manual color adjustment and CD/DVD Label copy.
- The printer speed of the printer is about 12.5 ipm(image per minute) in black.
- This printer can print 9.3 ipm per minute, in color.
- For 4×6 borderless photo, the printing speed is 20 seconds.
- This printer has 6144 nozzles totally, for black printing 512 nozzles and 5,632 nozzles for color printing.
- The printing resolution of the printer is about 9600×2400 dpi (dots per inch) for color printing,
- For Black printing, the printing resolution of the printer is about 600×600 dpi.
- The printer has printing features like Auto duplex print, auto photo fix II, borderless printing, ID photo print, smartphone photo printing, document printing, photo index sheet template print and wireless printing.
- The output tray of the printer can hold up to 150 sheets of paper.
- Media types include Plain paper, Canon high resolution paper, Super high Gloss, photo paper Pro Platinum, Canon matte photo paper, canon fine art paper “paper rag”, #10 Envelope.
- The Media sizes include 4×6,5×7,8×10,Letter, legal, U.S.#10 envelopes.
- These are the supported ink cartridges in this printer,
- PGI-225 Pigment Black Ink cartridge
- CLI-266 Cyan, Gray, Magenta, Yellow and Black Ink cartridge.
How to Download Canon PIXMA MG8220 Printer Driver
Download Canon PIXMA MG8220 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Canon PIXMA MG8220 is available on two platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA MG8220 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Canon PIXMA MG8220 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA MG8220 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Select your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Canon PIXMA MG8220 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Canon PIXMA MG8220 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Canon official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Canon PIXMA MG8220?
A: Canon PIXMA MG8220 is an all-in-one Thermal Inkjet printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Canon PIXMA MG8220?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and select To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Canon PIXMA MG8220to my computer?
A: Canon PIXMA MG8220offers a wireless connection to all PCs.