Canon PIXMA MP980 is a multifunction printer. This printer aids both Windows and Mac. This printer can perform activities like printing, scanning, and copying. With this printer device, the user can be ensured with quality outputs with optimal printing speed. And this printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 1, 2, and 5 picoliters (pl). The printer consists of 6144 Nozzles of which 512 nozzles are for Black and 5632 nozzles for color. Also, this printer comes up with a one-year warranty. Users can connect the printer and the computer using a USB 2.0 High-speed interface, Bluetooth, card slots, Ethernet, PictBridge, and Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n). Also, this printer comes up with a 1.8 in LCD (Liquid Crystal Display). Download Canon PIXMA MP980 Driver to maximize its capabilities.
Notable features of the printer include Auto Photo Fix, Borderless Printing, Calendar Print, Direct Print, Document Printing, Grayscale Printing, ID Photo Print, Photo Index Sheet, Photo Printing, Template Print, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Quick Start, Self Opening Tray. With the help of the PictBridge, the user can print photos directly from the camera without connecting to the computer.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have Canon PIXMA MP980, you have to install and set up the Canon PIXMA MP980 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Canon PIXMA MP980 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Canon PIXMA MP980 Printer
Here are some of the features of the Canon PIXMA MP980 Printer.
Dimensions of the Printer
- This printer comes with physical measurements of about 18.5×15.2×7.9 in Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 23.6 lb (10.7 kg).
- The printing resolution of this printer is 9600×2400, dpi (Dots Per Inch) in color.
- The printing resolution of the printer is 600×600 dpi in Monochrome.
- This printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 1, 2, and 5 picoliters.
- The printing speed of the printer is 26 ppm (Pages Per Minute) in Monochrome.
- The printing speed of the printer in color is 21 ppm.
- It takes 20 seconds for 4×6 in Borderless photo.
- The copying speed of the printer is 24 CPM (Copies Per Minute) in monochrome, approximately.
- The copying speed of the printer is 19 CPM in color.
- Users can reduce and enlarge copy size from 25%-400%.
- Users can stack 99 multiple copies with one original document.
- Some copying features of this printer include fit to page, Duplex copying, 4-on-1 / 2-on-1 Copy, Auto Exposure/Intensity Copy, Continuous Copy, Face Brightener/ Fading Correction, Film Copy, Image Repeat, Manual Color Adjustment, Masking Copy, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Trimming Copy, Zoom.
- This printer has CCD scanning technology (Charged Coupled Device).
- The optical resolution of the printer is 4800×9600, dpi (Dots Per Inch).
- The interpolated resolution of the printer is 19200×19200, dpi.
- The flatbed scan size is 8.5×11.7.
- Some features of this scanner include Auto Scan Mode, Network Scan, Gutter Shadow Correction, Push Scan, and Scan to Memory.
- It has a 48 bit internal and 24-bit external color depth.
- The printing speed of the printer is 26 ppm in Black.
- The printing speed of the printer in color is 21 ppm (pages per minute).
- It takes 20 seconds to print 4×6 in Borderless Photo.
- Paper sizes and paper types allowed in these printers are,
- Media types allowed in these printers are
- Plain paper, Canon High-resolution paper, photo paper pro platinum, photo paper plus Glossy II, photo paper glossy, photo paper plus semi gloss, Matte photo paper, Canon Fine Art Paper “Photo Rag”, U.S. 10 envelope.
- Paper sizes allowed in these printers are 4×6 in, 8×10 in, 5×7 in, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes.
- Media types allowed in these printers are
- Connectivity features of the printer include,
- Wi-Fi LAN
- USB 2.0
- Card Slots
Ink Cartridge Details
- PGI-220 Pigment Black Ink cartridge.
- CLI-221 Yellow, Cyan, Black, Magenta, Grey ink cartridge.
How to Download Canon PIXMA MP980 Printer Driver
Download Canon PIXMA MP980 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Canon PIXMA MP980 is available on two platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA MP980 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Canon PIXMA MP980 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA MP980 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Canon PIXMA MP980 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Canon PIXMA MP980 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Canon official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Canon PIXMA MP980?
A: Canon PIXMA MP980 is a multifunction printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Canon PIXMA MP980?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and click Install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Canon PIXMA MP980 to my computer?
A: Canon PIXMA MP980 offers wired and wireless connections to all PCs.