Canon PIXMA MP990 Printer is an inkjet color printer. This printer has Canon FINE inkjet technology(Full-Lithography Nozzle Engineering) it differs by having the mechanical print head assembled into the cartridge instead of the printer. This printer has a 3.8 inch (9.65 cm) diagonal display screen, which makes the work of the user easier. The Ink type used in this printer is ChromaLife 100+. This printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 1 picoliter(pl). In this article, you can get information about the Canon PIXMA MP990 driver download, and the steps to install it in Windows, and Mac.
This printer offers direct printing. By using the canon direct print and PictBridge users can print photos by connecting the camera directly to the printer, without connecting to the computer. Users also have the option to print from a Memory card, save it to a memory card, and print from USB flash drive features.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Canon PIXMA MP990, you have to install and set up the Canon PIXMA MP990 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Canon PIXMA MP990 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Canon PIXMA MP990 Printer
The features of the Canon PIXMA MP990 Printer are:
Dimension of the Printer
- The physical dimensions of the printer are 18.5×15.2×7.8 in Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 23.59lb (10.7 kg).
- The standard input capacity of the printer is 300 sheets of paper.
- The maximum paper size allowed in this printer is A4, Letter A size.
- The paper weight supported in this printer is 64-300 gsm (grams per square meter).
- Media types supported in these printers are Photo paper, Plain paper, Envelopes, CD/DVD.
- For Borderless printing, the Media sizes allowed in these printers are 3.95×5.9 in, 5.12×7.1 in, 7.87×9.84, A4, Letter A size.
- The printing resolution of the printer is 9600×2400, dpi(dots per inch) in color, and 600×600 dpi in Monochrome.
- Ink cartridges supported in these printers Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Pigment black, and Gray.
- This printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 1 picoliter (pl).
- The printing speed of the printer is 11.9 ppm in Monochrome and 9.1 ppm in color.
- The ink type used in this printer is ChromaLife 100+ and the printer uses Canon FINE (Full-Lithography Nozzle Engineering) inkjet technology.
- The first copy out time is 21 seconds.
- Users can stack up to 99 Multiple copies.
- Users can enlarge and reduce the copy size from 25%-400%.
- This printer allows Automatic duplex printing (Front and back printing without any work manually).
- Copying features of this printer include 2 in1, 4 in 1(where user can get 4 pages of copy in a single sheet of paper), Border free and fit to page, Manual color adjustment, photo reprint features.
- The optical scanning resolution of the printer is 4800×9600, dpi.
- The interpolated resolution of the printer is 19200×19200, dpi(dots per inch).
- It has 24-bit of color depth and 48-bit of Internal color depth.
- This printer has a charged coupled device (CCD) scanning element.
- Scanning features of this printer include Auto scan, Film scan, Gutter shadow correction, Network scan, push scan, and scan to memory features.
- The printing sped of the printer is 20 seconds for 4×6 in the borderless photo.
- In Monochrome, the printing speed of the printer is 11.9 ipm (images per minute).
- The printing speed of the printer is 9.1 ipm in color.
- This printer consumes 23 watts of power while operating.
- It consumes 1.7 watts of power when the printer is in standby mode.
- The printer consumes 0.9 Watts of power when the printer is in sleep mode.
- Ink cartridges used in these printers are
- PGI-220 Pigment Black ink.
- CLI-221 Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, and Gray ink cartridge.
- The printer consists of 6144 Nozzles in that 512 are Black Nozzles, and 5632 are color nozzles.
- Printing features of this printer include ID photo print, photo printing, photo direct print, photo index sheet, Automatic Duplex Printing, Borderless printing, calendar print, document printing, template print, and so on.
How to Download Canon PIXMA MP990 Printer Driver
Download Canon PIXMA MP990 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Canon PIXMA MP990 is available on two platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11,macOS X v10.10,macOS X v10.9,macOS X v10.8,macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA MP990 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Canon PIXMA MP990 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA MP990 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Canon PIXMA MP990 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Canon PIXMA MP990 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Canon official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Canon PIXMA MP990?
A: Canon PIXMA MP990 is an Inkjet color compact photo printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Canon PIXMA MP990?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and click Install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Canon PIXMA MP990 to my computer?
A: Canon PIXMA MP990 offers wired connections to all PCs.