Canon PIXMA MX870 is an Inkjet printer. And this printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 1, 2, and 5 picoliters (pl). This printer uses a pigment+dye-based ink type. And the PictBridge features allow the user to print directly from the camera without connecting to the computer. The printer consists of 2368 Nozzles of which 320 nozzles are for Black and 2048 nozzles for color. Added to that, this printer comes up with a 2.5 in color LCD (Liquid Crystal Display). Also, this printer comes up with a one-year warranty. Download Canon PIXMA MX870 Driver to maximize its capabilities.
Users can connect the printer and the computer using a USB 2.0 High-speed interface and Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n), PictBridge, Bluetooth, and Card slots. Notable features of the printer include ADF, Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Document Printing. And other features of the printer include Photo Printing, Wireless Printing.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have Canon PIXMA MX870, you have to install and set up the Canon PIXMA MX870 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Canon PIXMA MX870 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Canon PIXMA MX870
The below are the features of the Canon PIXMA MX870 Printer.
Dimensions of the Printer
- This printer comes with physical measurements of about 19.4×17.1×8.9 in Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 26.1 lb (11.84 kg).
- Canon PIXMA MX870 printer is an Inkjet printer.
- The printing resolution of this printer is 9600×2400, dpi (Dots Per Inch) in color.
- The printing resolution of the printer is 600×600 dpi in Monochrome.
- This printer’s minimum ink droplet size is 1, 2, and 5 picoliters.
- The printing speed of the printer is 9.4 ipm (Images Per Minute) in Monochrome.
- The printing speed of the printer in color is 6.1 ipm.
- It takes 39 seconds for 4×6 in Borderless photo.
- The copying speed of the printer is 4.3 ipm approximately.
- Users can stack 99 multiple copies with one original document.
- Some copying features of this printer include Multiple copy, borderless, Fit to page, Duplex copying, 4-on-1 / 2-on-1 Copy, Auto Exposure/Intensity Copy. And also it includes Gutter Shadow Correction, Image Repeat, Intensity, sort, zoom, and Preset Copy Ratios.
- This printer has CIS scanning technology (Contact Image Sensor).
- This printer has a Flatbed scanner.
- The optical resolution of the printer is 2400×4800, dpi (Dots Per Inch).
- The interpolated resolution of the printer is 19200×19200, dpi.
- The ADF resolution of the printer is 600×600 dpi.
- The ADF scan size is 8.5×14.
- The flatbed scan size is 8.5×11.7.
- Some features of this scanner include Auto duplex scan, Network scan, Auto Scan Mode, Push Scan, Scan to Memory Card.
- It has a 48 bit internal and 24-bit external color depth.
- The modem speed is 33.6 kbps.
- The transmission speed of the fax is 3 seconds in black, and it takes 1 minute for color.
- Users can store 250 pages, can speed dial to 100 locations.
- The printing speed of the printer is 9.4 ipm in Black.
- The printing speed of the printer in color is 6.1 ipm (pages per minute).
- It takes 39 seconds to print 4×6 in Borderless Photo.
- Paper sizes and paper types allowed in these printers are,
- Media types allowed in these printers are
- Plain paper, Canon High-resolution paper, photo paper pro platinum, photo paper pro II, photo paper glossy, photo paper plus Glossy II, photo paper glossy, photo paper plus semi gloss, Matte photo paper, U.S. 10 envelope.
- Paper sizes allowed in these printers are 4×6 in, 8×10 in, 5×7 in, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes.
- The media capacity of the printer is 150 sheets in the auto sheet feeder and in the cassette user can load 150 sheets.
- In the ADF tray, users can load 35 pages.
- Media types allowed in these printers are
- Connectivity features of the printer include,
- Wi-Fi LAN
- USB 2.0
- card slots and
Ink Cartridge Details
- PGI-220 Pigment Black Ink cartridge.
- CLI-221 Yellow, Cyan, Black, Magenta ink cartridge.
How to Download Canon PIXMA MX870 Printer Driver
Download Canon PIXMA MX870 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Canon PIXMA MX870 is available on two platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA MX870 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Canon PIXMA MX870 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Canon PIXMA MX870 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Canon PIXMA MX870 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Canon PIXMA MX870 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Canon official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Canon PIXMA MX870?
A: Canon PIXMA MX870 is an Inkjet printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Canon PIXMA MX870?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and select Install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Canon PIXMA MX870 to my computer?
A: Canon PIXMA MX870 offers wired and wireless connections to all PCs.