Epson Stylus Photo 290 is a 6 color Inkjet printer that has a Micro piezo print head. Notable features of the printer include high-speed printing, print directly to CDs and DVDs. And the printer contains 90 nozzles for each color. Also, this printer has Claria Photo ink technology. And the printing speed of the printer is 37 ppm in monochrome and 38 ppm in color. And the noise level of the printer is 36 dB(A). This printer comes up with a 1-year warranty. Epson Stylus Photo R290 Printer Driver is available on the official Epson website and also in this guide for the seamless control of the printer.
Epson Stylus Photo R290 printer allows Black, Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, Light cyan. Light magenta. Ink cartridges. The minimum droplet ink size is 3 picoliters (pl). And this printer aids both Windows and Mac.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have an Epson Stylus Photo R290, you have to install and set up the Epson Stylus Photo R290 drivers on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Epson Stylus Photo R290 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Epson Stylus Photo R290
Here are some of the features of the Epson Stylus Photo R290,
Dimension of the Printer
- The physical measurements of these printers are 450×282×187 mm Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 5.4 kg.
- When the printer is operating, the printer consumes 12 Watts of power.
- In sleep mode, it consumes 1.2 Watts of power.
- When the printer is in power off mode, the power it consumes is 0.3 Watts.
- The printing speed of the printer is about 37 ppm (pages per minute) in Black ink printing(ISO).
- For color printing, the printing speed of the printer is about 38 ppm(ISO).
- The minimum droplet ink size is 3 picoliters (pl).
- The printing resolution of the printer is about 5760×1440 optimized dpi(dots per inch).
- The printer takes 12 seconds to print an 4×6 in photo.
- User has connectivity options that include
- USB 2.0
- Paper sizes allowed in these printers are 4×6 in, 3.5×5 in, 5×8 in, 8×10 in, A4, Letter, Legal, Half Letter, Envelopes No10, DL, C6.
- The input tray can be loaded with 120 plain sheets of paper.
- Standard ink cartridges of Epson Stylus Photo R290 are,
- Light Magenta
- Light Cyan
How to Download the Drivers for Epson Stylus Photo R290
Download Linux Epson Stylus Photo R290 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
This Epson Stylus Photo R290 Printer is available on two platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Epson Stylus Photo R290 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Then choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Epson Stylus Photo R290 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Epson Stylus Photo R290 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Epson Stylus Photo R290 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Epson Stylus Photo R290 Printer on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Epson official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is an Epson Stylus Photo R290?
A: This Epson Stylus Photo R290 Printer is a color Inkjet printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Epson Stylus Photo R290?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and click Install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Epson Stylus Photo R290 to my computer?
A: This Epson Stylus Photo R290 Printer offers both wired connections to all PCs.