Epson XP-8500 Printers is an all-in-one Printer, which can perform activities like Scanning, Printing, copying. Also, this printer has MicroPiezo Inkjet printing technology. This printer takes 10 seconds to print 4×6 in size photo. This Printer device has a 2.7 inch (6.86 cm) color touchscreen, Without connecting to the computer by using that control panel user can edit and print photos. Epson XP-8500 printer uses Claria photo HD ink. And the printer device comes up with One year of Warranty. Epson XP-8500 Printer Driver is available on the official Epson website and also in this guide for the seamless control of the printer.
Mobile printing options are also available in this printer, By using Apple AirPrint, Google cloud print, Epson iPrint app, and Mopria printing users can print from mobile also. Users can print from Mobile, tablet, iPad, Android, iPhone. Also, the printer is Energy Star Certified for less consumption of power.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have an Epson XP-8500, you have to install and set up the Epson XP-8500 drivers on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Epson XP-8500 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Epson XP-8500
- Dimension of the printer
- The physical measurements of these printers is 349×527×183 mm Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- And the printer weighs about 14.8 lb (6.71 kg).
- In addition, the User can also print 99 copies PC free.
- The copying speed of the printer is 8.1 cpm (copies per minute) in Black and 8.1 cpm in color.
- Maximum copy size allowed in this printer is 8.5×11 in.
- Copying modes available in these printers are Color, Black, and White, Text and Image.
- Some copying features of this printer includes Fit to page, Photo reprints, Enlargement of copy size, border free photo, 2 in1, Copying into CD and DVD,
- Automatic enlarge and reduce feature for the copy size from 25-400%.
- This printer has color Flatbed scanner.
- The optical resolution of the printer is 2400 dpi (dots per inch).
- The hardware resolution of the printer is 1200×4800 dpi.
- The maximum resolution of the printer is 4800 dpi, and 9600×9600 dpi interpolated resolution.
- It has 48-bit of input color depth and 24-bit of output color depth.
- Also, This printer has CIS scanning technology (contact imaging sensor).
- Some scanning features include Scan to PC and scan to cloud, email, PDF, USB, network.
- The maximum scanning area of the printer is 8.5×11.7 in.
- Power consumption
- This printer is Energy star certified for the less consumption of power.
- When the printer is copying, the printer consumes 16 Watts of power.
- And when the printer is in power off mode, the power it consumes is 0.1 Watts.
- The printing speed of the printer is about 9.5 ppm (pages per minute) in Black ink printing(ISO).
- And for the color printing, the printing speed of the printer is about 9 ppm(ISO).
- For duplex printing, the printing speed of the printer is about 4.7 ppm (pages per minute) in Black ink printing(ISO)and 4.5 ppm in color.
- And the minimum droplet ink size is 5 as small as 1.5 picoliters (pl).
- The printing resolution of the printer is about 5760×1440 optimized dpi(dots per inch).
- This printer uses MicroPiezo inkjet printing technology.
- And the printer takes 10 seconds to print a 4×6 in borderless photo.
- User have connectivity options that includes
- USB port, Wireless feature, Wi-Fi direct printing.
- Paper sizes allowed in these printers are 4×6 in, 3.5×5 in, 5×7 in, 8×10 in,8.5×11 in 8.5×14 in, A4, A6, Half letter, legal, Executive.
- Media types allowed in these printers are
- Plain paper
- Epson bright white paper
- Brochure and Flyer paper
- Matte double-sided
- Ultra premium Presentation paper Matte
- Premium photo paper semi Gloss
- Ultra premium photo paper Luster
- Photo paper Glossy
- Premium photo paper glossy
- Presentation paper matte
- premium presentation paper matte double-sided
- premium presentation paper matte
- Photo quality adhesive sheets
- Iron on cool peel transfer paper
- Media types allowed in these printers are
- For Borderless photo allowed paper sizes are 4×6 in, 3.5×5 in, 5×7 in, 8×10 in,8.5×11 in, 16:9.
- The input tray can be loaded with 100 plain sheets of paper,10 Envelopes,
- Also, the output tray can be feed with 30 sheets of plain paper.
- This printer uses Claria Photo HD ink.
- Epson XP-8500 allows six ink color that includes Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black, Light Cyan and Light Magenta.
- The replacement ink bottles are 312 Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black, Light Cyan and Light Magenta. And 312XL Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black, Light Cyan and Light Magenta.
- 312XL High-capacity ink cartridge can print 500 pages in Black and 830 pages per color.
- And the 312 ink cartridges can print 240 pages in black and 360 pages per color.
- The operating relative humidity should be within 20-80% RH.
- However, the proper operating relative humidity when the printer is in storage should be between 5-85% with no condensation.
- The power emission level is 49 dB(A).
- When the printer is operating, the environment temperature should be between 10 and 35 degree Celsius.
- When it is in storage, the temperature in the environment should be within -20 to 40 degree Celsius.
How to Download the drivers for Epson XP-8500
Download Linux Epson XP-8500 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
This Epson XP-8500 Printer is available on two platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Epson XP-8500 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Then choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Epson XP-8500 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Epson XP-8500 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Epson XP-8500 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Epson XP-8500 Printer on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Epson official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is an Epson XP-8500?
A: This Epson XP-8500 Printer is an Inkjet printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Epson XP-8500?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Epson XP-8500 to my computer?
A: This Epson XP-8500 Printer offers both wired and wireless connections to all PCs.