HP DeskJet 2720 Printer is an All-in-one Multifunction printer. This printer can perform activities like Printing, Scanning, Copying documents. This printer allows Mobile printing options. As a result, users can connect the mobile to print by using Apple AirPrint, HP Smart app and Mopria certified. Also, this printer device comes up with HP 305 Setup Black cartridge, HP 305 setup Tri-color cartridge, driver (downloadable from the official website), Regulatory flyer, Setup guide, Reference guide, and power cord.
HP DeskJet 2720 printers offer users both Wireless and wired connections. By using the USB 2.0 interface and Wi-Fi features, the user can connect the printer and the computer in a trice. And the internal memory of this device is 86 MB and the maximum expandable memory of the printer is 512 MB DDR1 (Double Data Rate) with 160 MB of Flash memory. Also, This printer comes up with a one-year limited hardware warranty.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have an HP DeskJet 2720, you have to install and set up the HP DeskJet 2720 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the HP DeskJet 2720 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of HP DeskJet 2720
- Dimension of the printer
- The physical measurements of the printers are as follows 425×546×250 mm of Width, Depth, Height Respectively.
- The printer weighs about 3.42 kg.
- This printer has HP Thermal inkjet printing technology.
- HP Deskjet 2720 printer supports Manual duplex printing.
- The printing speed of the printer is 7.5 ppm in Black ink printing.
- In color, the printing speed of the printer is 5.5 ppm(pages per minute).
- The printing resolution of the printer is 1200×1200 rendered dpi (dots per inch).
- The maximum printing area is 215×355 mm.
- The monthly duty cycle of the printer is up to 1000 pages.
- The printer languages supported in this printer is HP PCL3 GUI, HP PCLm for HP apps, URF for AirPrint.
- This printer has CIS scanning technology (contact imaging sensor).
- The scanning resolution of the printer is about 1200×1200 dpi (dots per inch).
- It has 256 levels of grayscale.
- This printer has a Flatbed scanner and the scanning area of the printer is about 216×297 mm.
- This printer has 2.1 Twain version.
- The copying resolution of the printer is 300×300 dpi(dots per inch),
- User has the option like Auto enlarging,
- User can make 9 maximum number of copies with one original document.
- The operating relative humidity of the printer should be within 20-80% RH, non condensing.
- The Non-operating relative humidity should be within 5-90% RH, non condensing.
- The acoustic power emission of the printer is 6.2 B(A), and the acoustic pressure emission is 48 dB(A).
- The recommended operating temperature of the printer is 15 to 30 degree Celsius.
- When it is in storage, the temperature in the environment should be within -40 to 60 degree Celsius.
- This printer consumes 0.9 Watts of power in sleep mode,
- And it consumes 1.7 Watts of power when the printer is ready,
- when the printer is off or in Auto off mode, it consumes 0.1 Watts.
- Paper types and paper sizes allowed in these printers are,
- The input tray of the printer can be filed with 60 sheets of paper.
- The output tray can be loaded with 25 sheets of paper.
- The input tray can also be feed with 20 cards.
- Paper sizes accessible in these printers are A4, B5, DL, A6.
- Media types allowed in these printers are plain paper, photo paper, brochure paper.
- And the paper weight supported in this printer is 60-300 gsm (Grams Per Square Meter).
How to Download HP DeskJet 2720
Download HP DeskJet 2720 drivers, the latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
HP DeskJet 2720 is available on three platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup HP DeskJet 2720 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the HP Deskjet 2720 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup HP DeskJet 2720 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official HP DeskJet 2720
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for HP DeskJet 2720 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the HP official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is an HP DeskJet 2720?
A: HP DeskJet 2720 is an all-in-one printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my HP DeskJet 2720?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my HP DeskJet 2720 to my computer?
A: HP DeskJet 2720 offers a wired and wireless connection to all PCs.