HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178 is an All-in-one Multifunction printer. This printer can perform activities like Printing, Faxing, Scanning, Copying documents. This printer belongs to the Deskjet printer series. Added to that, this printer allows Mobile printing options. As a result, users can connect the mobile to print by using Apple AirPrint, HP Smart app, and Mopria certified. Let’s see how to install and set up the HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178 driver on Windows and Mac.
The internal memory of the printer is 86 MB and that can be expandable up to 512 MB DDR1 with 160 MB of flash memory. Also, this printer device comes up with HP 682 Setup Black cartridge, HP 682 setup Tri-color cartridge, Regulatory flyer, Setup guide, Reference guide, and power cord. In addition, to that, this printer comes up with an ADF tray (Automatic Document Feeder). By using the USB 2.0 interface and Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n features, the user can connect the printer and the computer in a trice.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have an HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178, you have to install and set up the HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178 drivers on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178 driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178
- Dimension of the printer
- The physical measurements of the printers are as follows 428×579×261 mm of Width, Depth, Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 4.82 kg.
- This printer has CIS scanning technology (contact imaging sensor).
- The scanning resolution of the printer is about 1200×1200 dpi(dots per inch).
- It has 256 levels of grayscale and 24-bit of color depth.
- This printer has a Flatbed scanner and the scanning area of the printer is about 216×297 mm.
- This printer has 2.1 Twain version.
- User has the access to use Fax history to edit and resent from the history, can add files from Phone files and photos, Can easily add and save the cover page template.
- Users can also add files from your phone.
- This printer has Unlimited storage access.
- The Fax transmission speed of the printer is 14.4 kbps.
- The fax resolution of the printer is 150×150 dpi(dots per inch).
- User have Auto enlarge copier features.
- User can copy in both color and monochrome.
- The copying resolution of the printer is 300×300 dpi (dots per inch).
- And the printer can make 9 maximum number of copies with one original document.
- This printer has HP Thermal inkjet printing technology.
- The printing speed of the printer is 8.5 ppm in Black ink printing.
- In color, the printing speed of the printer is 5.5 ppm (pages per minute).
- The printing resolution of the printer is 1200×1200, rendered dpi (dots per inch).
- The monthly duty cycle of the printer is up to 1000 pages.
- The printer language supported in this printer is HP PCL3 GUI, HP PCLm for HP apps, URF for AirPrint.
- The operating relative humidity of the printer should be within 20-80% RH non condensing
- The Non-operating relative humidity should be within 5-90% RH, non condensing.
- The acoustic power emission of the printer is 6.4 B(A), and the acoustic pressure emission is 55 dB(A).
- The recommended operating temperature of the printer is 15 to 30 degree Celsius.
- When it is in storage, the temperature in the environment should be within -40 to 60 degree Celsius.
- This printer consumes 1.0 Watts of power in sleep mode,
- When the printer is off or in Auto off mode, it consumes 0.1 Watts.
- Paper types and paper sizes allowed in these printers are.
- The input tray of the printer can be filed with 60 sheets of paper.
- The output tray can be loaded with 25 sheets of paper.
- The input tray can also be feed with 20 cards or 5 Envelopes.
- For duplex printing, allowed paper size are Letter and Executive.
- ADF Tray can be filled with 35 sheets of paper.
- Paper sizes accessible in these printers are A4, B5, DL envelope, A6.
- Media types allowed in these printers are Plain Paper, HP Photo Papers, Brochure Paper, Envelopes, Other special Inkjet Papers.
How to Download HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178
Download HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178 drivers, the latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178 is available on two platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the HP official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is an HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178?
A: HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178 is an all-in-one printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178 to my computer?
A: HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4178 offers a wired and wireless connection to all PCs.