HP ENVY 5542 Printer is an all-in-one multifunction printer. This printer can perform activities like scanning, printing, and copying. This printer offers users both Wired and Wireless features. With the help of Automatic Duplex printing, users can print front and back pages without any work manually. This printer has HP thermal inkjet printing technology. Users can print from mobile using HP smart app, Mopria certified, and Apple AirPrint. The monthly duty cycle of the printer is 1000 pages. This printer is energy-star qualified with its less consumption of power. In this article, you can get information about the HP ENVY 5542 driver download, and the steps to install it in Windows, and Mac.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have an HP ENVY 5542, you have to install and set up the HP ENVY 5542 driver on your PC.
On Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the HP ENVY 5542 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of HP ENVY 5542 Printer
The features of the HP Envy 5542 Printer are:
Dimensions of the Printer
- The physical measurements of the printers are as follows 454×503×161 mm of Width, Depth, and Height Respectively.
- Users can fill 125 plain sheets of paper, 55 sheets of photo paper, 40 sheets of labels, 5 envelopes, 40 cards, and 40 transparent sheets.
- In the photo tray, user can load 15 sheets of 4×6 in photo paper, and 15 sheets of 3.9×5.9 in photo paper.
- The output tray can be loaded with 25 sheets of paper, 10 sheets of photo paper, 25 sheets of labels, 5 envelopes, 25 cards, and 25 Transparencies.
- This printer is a drop-on-demand Thermal inkjet printer.
- The printing speed of the printer is 12 ppm in Black ink printing (ISO).
- In color, the printing speed of the printer is 8 ppm (pages per minute) (ISO).
- The maximum printing resolution of the printer is 4800×1200, optimized dpi (dots per inch) in color.
- Moreover, the printing resolution of the printer is 1200×1200 rendered dpi in Monochrome.
- The monthly duty cycle of the printer is up to 1000 pages.
- The printer language supported in this printer is HP PCL3 GUI.
- This printer has CIS scanning technology (contact imaging sensor).
- The scanning resolution of the printer is about 1200×1200 dpi (dots per inch).
- It has 256 levels of grayscale.
- Supported file types include .bmp, .jpeg, .png, .tiff, .pdf.
- This printer has a Flatbed Scanner and the scanning area of the printer is about 216×297 mm.
- The scanning speed of the printer depends upon the quality of the document.
- With HP smart app, users can reduce and enlarge the copy size.
- The copier has a Digital Image processing method.
- This printer allows copying in both monochrome and color.
- Users can copy 50 maximum copies with one original document.
- The copies preview can be seen through the control panel.
- The copying speed of the copier is 21 and 19 cpm in Monochrome and color respectively.
- Users can reduce and enlarge the copy size from 25-400%.
- With this printer user can copy double sides and many more.
- This printer consumes a maximum of about 14 watts of power.
- The operating relative humidity should be within 20-80% non-condensing.
- The Non-operating relative humidity of the printer should be between 10-90% with noncondensing.
- The power emission level is 6.9 B(A) while printing and the sound pressure emission level is 49 dBA.
- While the printer is printing, the environment temperature should be between 5 and 40 degrees Celsius.
- When it is in storage, the temperature in the environment should be within -40 to 60 degrees Celsius.
How to Download HP ENVY 5542 Printer Driver
Download HP ENVY 5542 drivers the latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
HP ENVY 5542 is available on two platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup HP ENVY 5542 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, select your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the HP ENVY 5542 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup HP ENVY 5542 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Select your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official HP ENVY 5542
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for HP ENVY 5542 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the HP official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is an HP ENVY 5542?
A: HP ENVY 5542 is an all-in-one printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my HP ENVY 5542?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and select Installation Update.
Q: How do I connect my HP ENVY 5542 to my computer?
A: HP ENVY 5542 offers a wired and wireless connection to all PCs.
- Epson WorkForce WF-2860 Printer Driver Download
- Canon i-SENSYS LBP3010 Printer Driver Download
- Epson EcoTank L3050 Printer Driver Download
- Samsung Xpress SL-M3065 Printer Driver Download
- Canon i-SENSYS LBP3370 Printer Driver Download