HP ENVY 7640 is an All-in-one printer. This printer works as a Multifunction Printer that can Print, Scan, Fax, and copy. HP ENVY 7640 printer can be connected by both wired and wireless using USB 2.0 High-speed port and Wi-Fi 802.11ac. Users can also direct print using the wireless direct printing, Memory card slot. This printer uses laser printing technology. Users can also print from mobile using Apple AirPrint and HP ePrint. Network protocols include TCP/IP. Also, this printer has duplex printing features and an ADF tray. In this article, you can get information about the HP ENVY 7640 driver download, and the steps to install it in Windows, and Mac.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have an HP ENVY 7640, you have to install and set up the HP ENVY 7640 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the HP ENVY 7640 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of HP ENVY 7640
Dimension of the Printer
- The physical measurements of the printer are 454×503×193 mm of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The input tray of the printer can be filed with 125 sheets of paper/ 5 envelopes.
- The output tray can be loaded with 25 sheets of paper.
- The input tray can also be feed with 40 cards.
- ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) tray can be filled 35 sheets of paper.
- Paper sizes accessible in these printers are A4, A5, B5, DL, C6, A6.
- This printer is an HP Thermal inkjet printer,
- HP ENVY 7640 printer supports Automatic duplex printing.
- The printing speed of the printer is 9 ppm in Black ink printing (ISO).
- In color the printing speed of the printer is 21 ppm (pages per minute).
- The printing resolution of the printer is 1200×1200 rendered dpi in Monochrome and 4800×1200 dpi in color (dots per inch).
- The monthly duty cycle of the printer is up to 1000 pages.
- The printer languages supported in this printer is PCL3 GUI.
- The fax resolution of the printer is 300×311 dpi.
- User can speed dial to 99 numbers, store 100 pages.
- The modem speed of the printer is 33.6 kbps.
- This printer has CIS scanning technology (contact imaging sensor).
- The scanning resolution of the printer is about 1200×1200 dpi(dots per inch).
- It has 256 levels of grayscale.
- This printer has a Flatbed scanner and the scanning area of the printer is about 216×297 mm.
- ADF scan is supported.
- This printer has Twain 1.9 version.
- With HP smart app, user can reduce and enlarge the copy size, about 25-200%.
- This printer allows copying in both monochrome and color.
- User can copy 50 maximum number of copies with one original document.
- The copy speed of the printer is up to 21/19 CPM (Copies Per Minute) in Monochrome and Color respectively.
- This printer consumes 0.93 Watts of power in sleep mode.
- It consumes 13.95 Watts of power when the printing.
- When the printer is off mode, it consumes 0.30 Watts.
- The operating relative humidity should be within 20-80% without condensation.
- However, the Non-operating relative humidity of the printer should be between 10-90% with no condensation.
- The acoustic power emission level is 6.4 B(A) while printing at 6 ppm.
- While the printer is printing, the environment temperature should be between 5 and 35 degree Celsius.
- When it is in storage, the temperature in the environment should be within -40 to 60 degree Celsius.
How to Download HP ENVY 7640 Printer Driver
Download HP ENVY 7640 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
HP ENVY 7640 is available on two platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup HP ENVY 7640 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, select your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the HP ENVY 7640 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup HP ENVY 7640 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Select your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official HP ENVY 7640 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for HP ENVY 7640 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the HP official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is an HP ENVY 7640?
A: HP ENVY 7640 is an all-in-one printer thermal inkjet printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my HP ENVY 7640?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and select To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my HP ENVY 7640 to my computer?
A: HP ENVY 7640 offers a wired and wireless connection to all PCs.