HP LASER MFP 138pn Printer is a Multifunction printer that can perform activities like scanning, Faxing, Copying, and Printing. And the printer has 128 MB of inbuilt memory with a 600 MHz speed processor. Connectivity options include Ethernet, USB 2.0. Also, the printer has an LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) display screen which has 2 lines and 30 different function buttons. Added to that, this printer has LED indicator lights which indicate the printer status with different colors. And the recommended monthly duty cycle is 2000 pages. Furthermore, the printing speed of the printer is 20 ppm and the first-page printout time is 8.3 seconds. And the device comes up with a one-year limited hardware warranty.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have an HP LASER MFP 138pn, you have to install and set up the HP LASER MFP138pn drivers on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the HP LASER MFP 138pn printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of HP LASER MFP 138pn
- Dimension of the printer
- The physical measurements of the printers are as follows 406×359.6×308.7 mm of Width, Depth, Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 8.62 kg.
- This printer has CIS scanning technology (contact imaging sensor).
- The scanning speed of the printer is 20 ppm in Black and 7 ppm in color A4 and Letter size paper.
- The scanning resolution of the printer is about 4800×4800 dpi(dots per inch).
- The optical resolution of the printer is 600×600 dpi and the enhanced resolution of the printer is 4800×4800 dpi.
- It has 256 levels of grayscale, 8- bit depth for Monochrome and 16-bit of color depth.
- This printer has a Flatbed scanner and the scanning area of the printer is about 216×297 mm.
- ADF scan size is 216×356 mm.
- File formats supported includes PDF, JPG, TIFF, PNG, BMP.
- Scanning features include Scan to WSD, Book scanning, scan to e-book, existing file to e-book.
- This printer has 1.9 Twain version.
- some scanning features of this printer includes Auto redialing, Fax delayed sending, fax memory backup, color faxing, PC fax and secured receiving of fax features.
- This printer has storage capacity of about 400 pages.
- The Fax transmission speed of the printer is 33.6 kbps.
- The resolution in Black is 203×98 dpi(dots per inch) and 203×196 dpi in Black and white.
- The copying speed of the printer is 20 cpm (copies per minute).
- And the first copy out time is 8.9 seconds.
- User can enlarge and reduce the copy size from 25%-400%.
- The copying resolution of the printer is 300×300 dpi (dots per inch).
- And the printer can make 99 maximum number of copies with one original document.
- Copying features of the printer includes automatic background adjust, Automatic document feeding, 2 in 1 copy and 4 in 1 copy and so on.
- This printer has Laser printing technology.
- HP Laser MFP 138pn printers supports Manual duplex printing.
- The printing resolution of the printer is 1200×1200, optimized dpi (dots per inch).
- The printing speed of the printer is 20 ppm.
- The first page out time is 8.3 seconds.
- The monthly duty cycle of the printer is up to 1000 pages.
- The printer languages supported in this printer is SPL.
- The operating relative humidity of the printer should be within 20-80% RH, non condensing.
- And the recommended operating relative humidity is 20-70% RH, non condensing.
- The acoustic power emission of the printer is 6.5 B(A).
- The operating temperature of the printer is 15 to 30 degree Celsius, and the recommended operating temperature of the printer is 15-27 degree Celsius.
- When it is in storage, the temperature in the environment should be within -40 to 60 degree Celsius.
- The power consumption while printing is 300 Watts.
- When the printer is ready, the power it consumes is 38 Watts.
- This printer consumes 1.9 Watts of power in sleep mode.
- When the printer is off or in Auto off mode, it consumes 0.2 Watts.
- Paper types and paper sizes allowed in these printers are.
- The input tray of the printer can be filed with 150 sheets of paper.
- The output tray can be loaded with 100 sheets of paper.
- ADF Tray can be filled with 40 sheets of paper.
- Paper sizes accessible in these printers are A4, A5, B5 (JIS), DL, Oficio, Envelope.
- Media types allowed in these printers are Plain paper, thick paper, thin paper, cotton paper, color paper, preprinted paper, recycled paper, labels, card stocks, bond, archive, and Envelope.
- And the paper weight supported in this printer is 60-163 gsm (Grams Per Square Meter).
How to Download HP LASER MFP 138pn
Download HP LASER MFP 138pn, the latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
HP LASER MFP138pn is available on two platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Linux MIPS, Linux ARM, Linux 64bit, Linux 32bit
How to Install & Setup HP LASER MFP 138pn Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the HP Laser MFP 138pn is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup HP Laser MFP 138pn Printer driver on Linux
- Extract the driver installation file on your Linux PC.
- Open the installation folder and enter the Terminal window.
- Execute the command sudo su to get into super user. Enter the password for verification.
- Now, enter the /install.sh command. And enter y (yes) for confirmation.
- After the installation, you will be asked to register the printer. Enter y.
- Now, your PC will search for printers. If detected, choose your printer.
- For USB connection, you have to enter the device URL. For network connection, you have to choose the protocol and host name or IP address.
- After that, the setup will be completed.
- Now, you can take printouts with ease.
Why Install Official HP Laser MFP 138pn Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for HP Laser MFP 138pn on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the HP official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is an HP Laser MFP 138pn?
A: HP Laser MFP 138pn is an all-in-one printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my HP Laser MFP 138pn?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my HP Laser MFP 138pn to my computer?
A: HP Laser MFP 138pn offers a wired and wireless connection to all PCs.