The HP LaserJet P1008 came after the HP LaserJet 1007 printers, these printers are suitable for both home and office uses. HP is one of the leading ones in the printer industry. In the year 1984 HP started introducing the LaserJet printer. If the user is in need of a printer that can print 300 and more pages in one ink role, this printer is the better choice. This printer produces quality output. And the user can easily understand the methods of using this printer. In this article, you can get information about the LaserJet P1008 driver download, and the steps to install it in Windows, and Mac.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have an HP LaserJet P1008, you have to install and set up the HP LaserJet P1008 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the LaserJet P1008 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of HP LaserJet P1008 Printer
The features of the HP LaserJet P1008 Printer are:
- The first-page output will take 3 to 8 seconds, and this printer can print 16 ppm (Pages Per Minute) (A4 sheets).
- User can feed 160 pages in the sheet tray.
- The printing resolution of these printers is about 600×600 dpi (dots per inch).
- It has 8 MB of inbuilt memory.
- With the use of the USB port, user can connect the printer with the computer.
Descriptions of the Printer
- HP LaserJet P1008 can be supported in operating systems like Windows XP, Vista,7,8,8.1, 10, macOS, and Linux operating systems.
- This printer can support both 32-bit and 64-bit.
- When these printers were introduced, this was considered as the one of the best in terms of price.
- The printers in this price range has Wi-Fi connectivity, card slot and display screen, but these printers does not provide any of those facilities.
- This printer can only print, does not support actions like scanning, photocopying and faxing.
- Paper sizes supported in these printers are A4, A5, A6, B5, B6.
- This printer’s printing speed is better when compared to the other laser printers.
- HP LaserJet P1008 supports A4, A5, A6, B5, B6 paper size. You have to place the paper in the sheet tray and give the command.
- In the multipurpose tray, the user can feed up to 10 sheets.
How to Download HP LaserJet P1008 Printer Driver
Download HP LaserJet P1008 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
HP LaserJet P1008 is available on two platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup HP LaserJet P1008 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, select your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the HP LaserJet P1008 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup HP LaserJet P1008 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Select your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official HP LaserJet P1008
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for HP LaserJet P1008 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the HP official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is an HP LaserJet P1008?
A: HP LaserJet P1008 is a Laserjet printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my HP LaserJet P1008?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and select Installation Update.
Q: How do I connect my HP LaserJet P1008 to my computer?
A: HP LaserJet P1008 offers a wired and wireless connection to all PCs.