HP Officejet 5258 is an All-in-one Multifunction printer. As a multifunction printer, this device can perform activities like Printing, Scanning, Faxing, and Copying documents. Furthermore, this printer belongs to the multifunction HP Officejet 5260 printer series. Users can also print from Mobile using Apple AirPrint, HP smart app, HP ePrint, and Mopria certified. HP Officejet 5258 printer allows Automatic Duplex printing that allows the user to save 50% of the paper. Also, this printer device comes up with HP 63 Setup Black Officejet ink cartridge, HP 63 setup Tri-color Officejet ink cartridge, Ink caution flyer, a Setup guide, a phone cord, a USB cable, and power cord. To boot, we have provided the HP Officejet 5258 printer driver download link below.
HP Officejet 5258 printer has a memory of up to 256 MB DDR3L (Double Data Rate) and that is the maximum expandable memory. Network protocols of the printer include TCP/IP. This printer connectivity options include USB 2.0 and Wi-Fi 802.11n (dual-band) features. Also, this printer comes up with a One-year limited Hardware warranty.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have an HP Officejet 5258, you have to install and set up the HP Officejet 5258 drivers on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the HP Officejet 5258 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of HP Officejet 5258
- Dimension of the printer
- The physical measurements of the printers are as follows, 445×564×198 mm of Width, Depth, Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 14.44 lb (6.55 kg).
- This printer has CIS scanning technology (contact imaging sensor).
- The scanning speed of the printer is 3 ppm in color and 7 ppm in Monochrome.
- The scanning resolution of the printer is about 1200×1200 dpi(dots per inch).
- It has 256 levels of grayscale and 24-bit of color depth.
- This printer has a Flatbed scanner and the scanning area of the printer is about 216×297 mm.
- This printer has 2.1 Twain version.
- The copying resolution of the printer is 600×300 dpi (dots per inch).
- Also, the copier has color copying feature.
- Copier features include Resize, ID card copy, Start black copy, Start color copy, 2 sided copying, and can make the number of copies with one original document.
- Some faxing features of the printer includes Auto fax reduction, delayed sending, fax forwarding features, auto redialing, can send message to 20 maximum locations.
- The fax resolution of the printer is 300×300 dpi (dots per inch).
- This printer has 100 pages fax memory.
- The Modem speed of the printer is 56 kbps.
- And the transmission speed of the fax is 5 seconds per page.
- HP Officejet 5258 printers supports Automatic duplex printing.
- The printing speed of the printer is 10 ppm in Black ink printing.
- In color, the printing speed of the printer is 7 ppm(pages per minute).
- The printing resolution of the printer is 4800×1200, optimized dpi (dots per inch).
- And the maximum printing area of the printer is 215.9×355.6 mm.
- The monthly duty cycle of the printer is up to 1000 pages.
- The printer languages supported in this printer is HP PCL3 GUI.
- HP 63 Black ink cartridges can print up to 190 pages.
- HP 63 Tri-color ink cartridge can yield 165 pages.
- And HP 63XL Black ink cartridge can print up to 480 pages.
- HP 63XL Tri-color ink cartridge can print up to 330 pages.
- The printer consumes 14 watts of power while printing.
- And it consumes 3.75 Watts of power when the printer is ready.
- This printer consumes 0.89 Watts of power in sleep mode,
- when the printer is off mode, it consumes 0.11 Watts.
- The Non-operating relative humidity range of the printer should be within 20-80% RH non condensing
- The acoustic pressure emission is 51 dB(A).
- The recommended operating temperature of the printer is 15 to 32.22 degree Celsius.
- When it is in storage, the temperature in the environment should be within -40 to 60 degree Celsius.
- Paper types and paper sizes allowed in these printers are,
- The input tray of the printer can be filed with 100 sheets of paper.
- The output tray can be loaded with 25 sheets of paper.
- The input tray can also be feed with 40 cards or 10 Envelopes.
- For duplex printing, the paper types allowed are Letter, Legal and Executive.
- Paper sizes accessible in these printers are A4, A5, B5, DL, C6, A6.
- Media types allowed in these printers are Plain paper, HP photo papers, HP Matte brochure paper, HP Matte presentation paper, HP Glossy brochure paper, other Photo inkjet papers, other matte inkjet papers and other Glossy Inkjet Paper.
- And the paper weight supported in this printer is 75 gsm (Grams Per Square Meter).
How to Download HP Officejet 5258
Download HP Officejet 5258 drivers, the latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
HP Officejet 5258 is available on two platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup HP Officejet 5258 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the HP Officejet 5258 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup HP Officejet 5258 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official HP Officejet 5258 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for HP Officejet 5258 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the HP official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is an HP Officejet 5258?
A: HP Officejet 5258 is an all-in-one printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my HP Officejet 5258?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my HP Officejet 5258 to my computer?
A: HP Officejet 5258 offers a wired and wireless connection to all PCs.