HP Photosmart C4342 is an HP Thermal Inkjet printer. The printing speed and the copying speed of the printer rely upon the paper type used. This printer can be connected by using Wired and Wireless features. As a result, the user can connect the printer and the computer using USB 2.0 and Wi-Fi features. And the printer language allowed in the printer is PCL3 GUI. And the monthly duty cycle of the printer is 3000 pages per month. This printer model allows four-color inks that include Black, Cyan, Yellow, and Magenta. Let’s see how to install and set up the HP Photosmart C4342 Driver on Windows and Mac.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have an HP Photosmart C4342, you have to install and set up the HP Photosmart C4342 drivers on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the HP Photosmart C4342 driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of HP Photosmart C4342
The features of the HP Photosmart C4342 Printer are as follows.
Dimension of the Printer
- The physical measurements of the printers are as follows, 16.8×10.2×7 in Width, Depth, Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 4.5 kg.
- This printer has drop-on-demand HP Thermal inkjet printing technology.
- The printing resolution of the printer is 4800×1200, optimized dpi (dots per inch) in color.
- The printing resolution of the printer is 1200×1200 rendered dpi in Monochrome.
- As said previously at the beginning of this article, the printing speed depends upon the complexity of the document.
- Users have Panorama size printing options.
- The monthly duty cycle of the printer is up to 3000 pages.
- The printer languages supported in this printer are HP PCL level 3.
- The scanning resolution of the printer is about 4800×4800, dpi (dots per inch) enhanced up to 19200 dpi.
- It has 256 levels of grayscale and 18-bit color depth and 8-bit grayscale.
- This printer has a flatbed scanner and the scanning area of the printer is about 210×297 mm.
- This printer has Twain compliant software interface.
- Users can enlarge copy size from 200- 400%.
- And the users can reduce the copy size from 25-40%.
- The copier has digital image processing.
- And the printer can make 9 maximum number of copies with one original document.
- The operating relative humidity of the printer should be within 15-80% RH non condensing
- The Non-operating relative humidity should be within –20-50% RH, non condensing.
- The recommended operating temperature of the printer is 15 to 32 degrees Celsius.
- The temperature in the environment should be within 5 to 35 degrees Celsius.
- Paper types and paper sizes allowed in these printers are.
- The input tray of the printer can be filled with 50 sheets of paper, 15 envelopes, cards 25, 25 transparencies, 25 labels, 40 sheets of A4 size photo paper, and 40 sheets of photo paper of size 5×7 in, 4×6 in, 3.5×5 in.
- The output tray can be loaded with 125 sheets of paper, 15 envelopes, 40 cards, 40 transparency films, 40 labels, 25 sheets of A4 size photo paper, and 25 sheets of photo paper of size 5×7 in, 4×6 in, 3.5×5 in.
- Paper sizes accessible in these printers are A4 Photo paper, 3.5×5 in, 4×6 in, 8.5×11 in, and 5×7 in.
- Media types allowed in these printers are Plain Paper, legal papers, envelopes, transparencies, labels, cards, photo paper.
Ink Cartridge Details
- HP 74 Black Original Ink Cartridge can print 200 pages.
- HP 75 Tri-color Original Ink Cartridge can print 170 pages.
How to Download HP Photosmart C4342
Download HP Photosmart C4342 drivers, the latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
HP Photosmart C4342 is available on two platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1, Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7, Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7, macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup HP Photosmart C4342 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the HP Photosmart C4342 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup HP Photosmart C4342 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official HP Photosmart C4342 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for HP Photosmart C4342 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the HP official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is an HP Photosmart C4342?
A: HP Photosmart C4342 is an HP Thermal Inkjet printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my HP Photosmart C4342?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my HP Photosmart C4342 to my computer?
A: HP Photosmart C4342 offers a wired and wireless connection to all PCs.