Samsung CLP-661 is a Color laser printer. The printing resolution of the printer is 2400×600, dpi (dots per inch). The warm-up time of the printer is 30 seconds. And the first-page printout time is 14 seconds from ready mode. Added to that, this printer allows duplex printing, which allows the user to print the front and back pages without any work manually. Users can connect the printer and the computer using USB and Ethernet. This printer comes up with 128 MB internal memory and can be expandable up to 640 MB DDR1 (Double Data Rate). The monthly duty cycle of the printer is 80,000 pages. This printer produces quality outputs precisely with optimal printing speed as per the prompt of the user. In this article, you can get information about Samsung CLP-661 Printers features, driver download, and the steps to install in Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Samsung CLP-661, You have to install and set up the Samsung CLP-661 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Samsung CLP-661 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Samsung CLP-661
- Dimension of the printer
- The physical measurements of the printer is 432×432×424 mm of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- And the printer weighs about 55.44 lb (25.15 kg).
- Power consumption
- The printer consumes a Maximum 700 Watts of power when the printer is in printing mode.
- When the printer is in the standby mode, it consumes 120 Watts of power.
- And it consumes 17 Watts of power when the printer in power saving mode.
- Environmental conditions
- The operating relative humidity of the printer should be within 20-80% RH.
- The recommended operating relative humidity should be within 20-80% RH.
- The acoustic power emission of the printer is 29 dB(A) when the printer is in the ready mode.
- The acoustic power emission of the printer is 53 dB(A) when the printer is in the printing mode
- The operating temperature of the printer is 10 to 32.5 degree Celsius.
- And the recommended operating temperature is 15 to 30 degree Celsius.
- The printing speed of the printer is 24 ppm in A4 size paper and 25 ppm in letter.
- And for duplex printing, the printing speed of the printer is 11.8 ipm (Images Per Minute).
- The printing resolution of the printer is 2400×600 dpi effective output.
- The warm-up time of the printer is 30 seconds.
- And the first page printout time is 14 seconds from ready mode.
- The printer languages supported in this printer is PCL5c, PCL6, PostScript3.
- And the residents fonts include 1 bitmap, 45 scalable fonts, PS 136.
How to Download Samsung CLP-661
Download the Samsung CLP-661 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Samsung CLP-661 is available on three platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8,Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7,Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
- Linux MIPS, Linux ARM, Linux 64bit, Linux 32bit
How to Install & Setup Samsung CLP-661 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Samsung CLP-661 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Samsung CLP-661 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
How to Install & Setup Samsung CLP-661 Printer Driver on Linux
- Extract the driver installation file on your Linux PC.
- Open the installation folder and enter the Terminal window.
- Execute the command sudo su to get into super user. Enter the password for verification.
- Now, enter the /install.sh command. And enter y (yes) for confirmation.
- After the installation, you will be asked to register the printer. Enter y.
- Now, your PC will search for printers. If detected, choose your printer.
- For USB connection, you have to enter the device URL. For network connection, you have to choose the protocol and host name or IP address.
- After that, the setup will be completed.
- Now, you can take printouts with ease.
Why Install Official Samsung CLP-661 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. For example, you can find the driver installation file for Samsung CLP-661 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Samsung official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is Samsung CLP-661?
A: Samsung CLP-661 is a Color Laser printer, this printer gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Samsung CLP-661?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Samsung CLP-661 to my computer?
A: Samsung CLP-661 offers wired connections to all PCs.