Samsung CLX-3175 printer is a Color Laser printer. This printer is a multifunction printer as it can copy, scan, and print documents as per the prompt of the user. Added to that, this printer produces high-speed printing and the users are ensured with quality outputs. This printer is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. Users can connect the printer and the computer using the USB 2.0 interface and Ethernet. The monthly duty cycle of the printer is 20000 pages. And the printer 128 MB of internal memory. And the LCD has 2 lines. In this article, you can know more about the CLX-3175 printer driver and its features.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Samsung CLX-3175, You have to install and set up the Samsung CLX-3175 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Samsung CLX-3175 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Samsung CLX-3175 Printer
The features of the Samsung CLX-3175 Printer are below:
Dimension of the Printer
- The physical measurements of the printer are 415×373×342 mm of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 15.2 kg.
- The print rate of the printer is 16 ppm in monochrome and 4 ppm in color.
- The first page printout time is less than 14 seconds in monochrome and 26 seconds in color from ready mode.
- The printing resolution of the printer is 2400×600, dpi (Dots Per Inch).
- The printer language supported in this printer is SPL-C.
- Manual duplex printing is allowed in this printer.
- The copying speed of the printer is 16 ppm in monochrome and 4 ppm in color.
- The first-page copy out time is 22 seconds in monochrome and 49 seconds in color.
- The copying resolution of the printer is 600×300 dpi.
- Users can get 99 multiple copies with one single document.
- Copying features of this device include n-up copy, clone copy, ID copy, and poster copy.
- This printer has a color flatbed scanner.
- The optical scanning resolution of the printer is 1200×1200 dpi.
- The enhanced resolution is 4800×4800 dpi.
- Users can scan to USB, scan to folder, scan to application and network.
- The input tray can be filled with 150 sheets.
- The output tray can hold 100 sheets of paper face down.
- The ADF tray can hold 15 sheets.
- The paperweight supported is between 60-220 gsm (Grams Per Square Meter) according to the paper type.
- Paper types allowed in these printers are plain paper, thin paper, thick paper, card stock, transparency, glossy photo, matte photo, envelopes, labels.
- The minimum paper size allowed in these printers is 76×127 mm.
- The maximum paper size allowed in this printer is 216×356 mm.
- The noise emission is 47 dB(A) while printing, and the noise emission of the printer while copying is 49 dB(A).
- The power consumed by the printer is 350 Watts.
How to Download Samsung CLX-3175 Printer Driver
Download the Samsung CLX-3175 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Samsung CLX-3175 is available on three platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8,Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7,Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
- Linux MIPS, Linux ARM, Linux 64bit, Linux 32bit
How to Install & Setup Samsung CLX-3175 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Samsung CLX-3175 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Samsung CLX-3175 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
How to Install & Setup Samsung CLX-3175 Printer Driver on Linux
- Extract the driver installation file on your Linux PC.
- Open the installation folder and enter the Terminal window.
- Execute the command sudo su to get into super user. Enter the password for verification.
- Now, enter the /install.sh command. And enter y (yes) for confirmation.
- After the installation, you will be asked to register the printer. Enter y.
- Now, your PC will search for printers. If detected, choose your printer.
- For the USB connection, you have to enter the device URL. For the network connection, you have to choose the protocol and hostname or IP address.
- After that, the setup will be completed.
- Now, you can take printouts with ease.
Why Install Official Samsung CLX-3175 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. For example, you can find the driver installation file for Samsung CLX-3175 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Samsung official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Samsung CLX-3175?
A: Samsung CLX-3175 is a color laser printer that can copy, scan, print documents; this printer gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Samsung CLX-3175?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose Install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Samsung CLX-3175 to my computer?
A: Samsung CLX-3175 offers a wired connection to all PCs.