SamsungCLX-3180K printer is a multifunction printer as it can copy, scan, and print documents as per the prompt of the user. The device comes up in a design that suits office use, and for large-scale businesses. Samsung CLX-3180K printer supports manual duplex printing. This printer is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. Users can connect the printer and the computer using the USB 2.0 interface. In this article, you can know more about the CLX-3180K printer driver and its features.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Samsung CLX-3180K, You have to install and set up the Samsung CLX-3180K driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Samsung CLX-3180K printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Samsung CLX-3180K
- Dimension of the printer
- The physical measurements of the printer are 310×378×416 of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- And the printer weighs about 14.24 lb (6.46 kg).
- Power Consumption
- The printer consumes 250 Watts of power while operating.
- When the printer is in the standby mode, it consumes 60 Watts of power.
- In power save mode, it consumes less than 8 Watts.
- And it consumes 0.45 Watts of power in power off mode.
- Media Handling
- The paper weight supported is between 60-220 gsm (Grams Per Square Meter) according to the paper type.
- Paper types allowed in these printers are plain paper, thin paper, thick paper, card stock, transparency, glossy photo, matte photo, envelopes, labels.
- Minimum paper sizes allowed in these printers is 76×152.4 mm.
- And the maximum paper size allowed in this printer is 216×356 mm.
- Environmental Conditions
- The operating relative humidity should be within 20-80% RH.
- However, the proper operating relative humidity when the printer is in storage should be between 10-90% with no condensation.
- The noise emission level is 46 B(A)in color printing and the noise emission of the printer while monochrome printing is less than 48 dB(A).
- In copying mode, the noise emission level is 50 dB(A) in monochrome and 48 dB(A) in color copying mode.
- When the printer is operating, the environment temperature should be between 10 and 32 degree Celsius.
- When it is in storage, the temperature in the environment should be within 0 to 40 degree Celsius.
How to Download Samsung CLX-3180K
Download the Samsung CLX-3180K driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Samsung CLX-3180K is available on three platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8,Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7,Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
- Linux MIPS, Linux ARM, Linux 64bit, Linux 32bit
How to Install & Setup Samsung CLX-3180K Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Samsung CLX-3180K is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Samsung CLX-3180K Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
How to Install & Setup Samsung CLX-3180K Printer Driver on Linux
- Extract the driver installation file on your Linux PC.
- Open the installation folder and enter the Terminal window.
- Execute the command sudo su to get into super user. Enter the password for verification.
- Now, enter the /install.sh command. And enter y (yes) for confirmation.
- After the installation, you will be asked to register the printer. Enter y.
- Now, your PC will search for printers. If detected, choose your printer.
- For USB connection, you have to enter the device URL. For network connection, you have to choose the protocol and host name or IP address.
- After that, the setup will be completed.
- Now, you can take printouts with ease.
Why Install Official Samsung CLX-3180K Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. For example, you can find the driver installation file for Samsung CLX-3180K on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Samsung official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Samsung CLX-3180K?
A: Samsung CLX-3180K is a printer that can copy, scan, print documents; this printer gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Samsung CLX-3180K?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Samsung CLX-3180K to my computer?
A: Samsung CLX-3180K offers a wired connection to all PCs.