Samsung CLX-3185 is a Color laser printer. This printer device can execute activities like Copying, Scanning, and Printing. The printing resolution of the printer is 2400×600, dpi (dots per inch). And the first-page printout time is 14 seconds from ready mode. Users can connect the printer and the computer using USB. By using the USB 2.0 port, the user can connect the computer and the printer in a trice. This printer comes up with 128 MB of internal memory. The monthly duty cycle of the printer is 20,000 pages. In this article, you can get information about Samsung CLX-3185Printers features, driver download, and the steps to install in Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Added to that, this device comes up with a built-in LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) with 2 lines. This printer produces quality outputs precisely with optimal printing speed as per the prompt of the user. Also, the device comes up with a design that is more unique, and it is comfortable to use in both office and home for personal use.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Samsung CLX-3185, You have to install and set up the Samsung CLX-3185 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Samsung CLX-3185 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Samsung CLX-3185
- Dimension of the printer
- The physical measurements of the printer are 462×489×530 mm of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- And the printer weighs about 31.31 lb (14.2 kg).
- Power consumption
- The printer consumes a Maximum 350 Watts of power when the printer is in printing mode.
- When the printer is in the standby mode, it consumes 60 Watts of power.
- And it consumes 8 Watts of power when the printer in power saving mode.
- And it consumes 0.45 Watts of power in power off mode.
- Environmental conditions
- The operating relative humidity of the printer should be within 20-80% RH.
- The storage operating relative humidity should be within 10-90% RH.
- The acoustic power emission of the printer is 47 dB(A) when the printer is printing.
- The acoustic power emission of the printer is 50 dB(A) when the printer is copying mode.
- The operating temperature of the printer is 10 to 32 degree Celsius.
- And the storage operating temperature should be 0 to 40 degree Celsius.
- The printing speed of the printer is 16 ppm in A4 and US letter in monochrome.
- And in color, the printing speed of the printer is 4 ppm in A4 and US letter.
- The printing resolution of the printer is 2400×600 dpi effective output.
- And the first page printout time is 14 seconds in monochrome.
- In color printing, the first page copy out time is 26 seconds.
- Network protocol includes TCP/IP, LRP, IPP, HTTP, SNPM, SLP, WINS, DDNS, Bonjour, NetBIOS.
- Color scanning is available in this printer.
- The optical scanning resolution of the printer is 1200×1200 dpi (Dots Per Inch).
- The maximum scanning resolution of the printer is 4800×4800 dpi.
- This printer scanner has a flatbed scanner.
- This printer has CIS scanning technology (Contact Imaging Sensor).
- It has 256 grayscale levels.
- Color copying is available on this printer.
- The copying resolution of the printer is 1200×1200 dpi.
- The copying speed of the printer is 12 cpm (Copies Per Minute) in monochrome and 4 cpm in color.
- The first-page copy out time is 18 seconds for black printing and 45 seconds for color printing.
- Users can stack 99 multiple copies with on original document.
- Users can reduce and enlarge the copy size from 25%-400%.
- The input tray can be loaded with 130 sheets of paper.
- The output tray can be filled with 80 sheets of paper.
- The paper sizes allowed in these printers are Executive, A5, and A6, letter, legal, US folio, Officio, JIS B5.
- Paper types allowed in these printers are Envelopes, Glossy paper, Labels, Plain paper, Transparencies, Executive, Folio, Legal, Letter.
- The paper weight supported in this printer is 60-105 gsm (Grams Per Square Meter).
How to Download Samsung CLX-3185
Download the Samsung CLX-3185 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Samsung CLX-3185 is available on three platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8,Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7,Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
- Linux MIPS, Linux ARM, Linux 64bit, Linux 32bit
How to Install & Setup Samsung CLX-3185 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Samsung CLX-3185 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Samsung CLX-3185 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
How to Install & Setup Samsung CLX-3185 Printer Driver on Linux
- Extract the driver installation file on your Linux PC.
- Open the installation folder and enter the Terminal window.
- Execute the command sudo su to get into super user. Enter the password for verification.
- Now, enter the /install.sh command. And enter y (yes) for confirmation.
- After the installation, you will be asked to register the printer. Enter y.
- Now, your PC will search for printers. If detected, choose your printer.
- For USB connection, you have to enter the device URL. For network connection, you have to choose the protocol and host name or IP address.
- After that, the setup will be completed.
- Now, you can take printouts with ease.
Why Install Official Samsung CLX-3185 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. For example, you can find the driver installation file for Samsung CLX-3185 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Samsung official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is Samsung CLX-3185?
A: Samsung CLX-3185 is a Color Laser printer, this printer gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Samsung CLX-3185?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Samsung CLX-3185 to my computer?
A: Samsung CLX-3185 offers wired connections to all PCs.