Samsung CLX-3186 is a Color laser multifunction printer. This printer device is appropriate for office usage, as the printer device can adapt to any type of place according to the necessity in small-scale and large-scale industries. Delivers output precisely with optimal printing speed. The device can perform activities like Printing, scanning, and copying. And the first-page printout time is 14 seconds in Monochrome and the first page printout time is 26 seconds in color. Added to that, this printer allows only manual duplex printing. Users can connect the printer and the computer using a USB 2.0 interface and Ethernet. This printer comes up with 128 MB of internal memory. In this article, you can get information about the Samsung CLX-3186 driver download, and the steps to install it in Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Added to that, the printer has an Eco copy feature. The printer is compatible with Windows 10 32-bit, 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, 8 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Vista 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, XP 64-bit. Mac version includes macOS versions X 10.3-10.6.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Samsung CLX-3186, You have to install and set up the Samsung CLX-3186 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Samsung CLX-3186 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Samsung CLX-3186
Dimension of the printer
- The physical measurements of the printer are 416×378×344 mm of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- And the printer weighs about 15.2 kg.
- The printing speed of the printer is 16 ppm in Monochrome.
- And the print rate of the printer is 4 ppm in color.
- The printing resolution of the printer is 2400×600, dpi in color.
- The monthly duty cycle of the printer is 20000 pages.
- And the first page printout time is 14 seconds in Monochrome.
- For color printing, the first page copy out time is 26 seconds.
- The printer languages supported in this printer are PCL5c, PCL6, SPL.
- The copying speed of the printer in Monochrome is 16 ppm.
- And copying speed in color is 4 ppm (Pages Per Minute).
- The first copy out time is 45 seconds.
- User can get 99 pages of multiple copies with one single document.
- The copying resolution of the printer is 600×600 dpi.
- User can reduce and enlarge the copy size from 25-400%.
- The optical scanning resolution of the printer is 1200×1200 dpi (Dots Per Inch).
- The input tray can be loaded with 150 sheets of paper.
- The media sizes allowed in these printers are A4, A5, A6.
- Paper types accessible in this printer device is Letter, Transparencies, Envelopes, Labels, Cardstock.
How to Download Samsung CLX-3186
Download the Samsung CLX-3186 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Samsung CLX-3186 is available on three platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8,Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7,Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
- Linux MIPS, Linux ARM, Linux 64bit, Linux 32bit
How to Install & Setup Samsung CLX-3186 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Samsung CLX-3186 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Samsung CLX-3186 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
How to Install & Setup Samsung CLX-3186 Printer Driver on Linux
- Extract the driver installation file on your Linux PC.
- Open the installation folder and enter the Terminal window.
- Execute the command sudo su to get into super user. Enter the password for verification.
- Now, enter the /install.sh command. And enter y (yes) for confirmation.
- After the installation, you will be asked to register the printer. Enter y.
- Now, your PC will search for printers. If detected, choose your printer.
- For USB connection, you have to enter the device URL. For network connection, you have to choose the protocol and host name or IP address.
- After that, the setup will be completed.
- Now, you can take printouts with ease.
Why Install Official Samsung CLX-3186 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. For example, you can find the driver installation file for Samsung CLX-3186 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Samsung official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is Samsung CLX-3186?
A: Samsung CLX-3186 is a Color Laser printer, this printer gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Samsung CLX-3186?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Samsung CLX-3186 to my computer?
A: Samsung CLX-3186 offers wired connections to all PCs.