Samsung ML-2520 is a monochrome laser printer. This printer belongs to the Samsung ML-2525 and Samsung ML-2525W printer series. And the first page printout time is estimated to be less than 9 seconds from active mode. The printer aids Windows, Mac, and Linux OS. The print language supported in this printer is SPL (Samsung Printer Language). The monthly duty cycle of the printer is 12,000 pages per month. In this article, you can get information about Samsung ML-2520 driver download, Printers features, and the steps to install in Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Also, this printer is suitable with various operating systems like Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit & 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit. And The supported Mac operating systems are Mac OS X 10.3to 10.6. And the Printer also supports Linux OS. Furthermore, users can connect the printer and the computer using the USB 2.0 interface.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Samsung ML-2520, You have to install and set up the Samsung ML-2520 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Samsung ML-2520 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Samsung ML-2520
- Dimension of the printer
- The physical measurements of the printer are 14.2×15.3×7.8 in of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- And the printer weighs about 16.1 lb (7.3 kg).
- Power consumption
- The printer consumes 400 Watts of power while the printer is operating.
- And it consumes 6.5 Watts of power in sleep mode.
- Environmental conditions
- And the noise level while printing is 50 dB(A).
- Paper sizes, and Paper Types allowed in these printers are
- Paper weight supported in this printer is 20 lbs.
- Media types allowed in these printers are Plain paper, recycled, Thin, Cotton, thick, colored, preprinted and envelopes.
- Paper sizes allowed are A4, A5, ISO B5, JIS B5, executive, letter, Officio, folio, legal, letter, postcard, and envelopes.
- In the standard input tray, the user can load 250 sheets of plain paper.
- In the manual plate, user can fill 1 sheet of paper at a time.
- And the output tray can be filled with 80 sheets of paper (face down) with one sheet face up.
- Users can connect the computer and the printer using USB 2.0 interface.
- The monthly duty cycle of the printer is 12000 pages per month.
- The first page print out time is 9 seconds from active mode.
- And the printing resolution of the printer is 1200×600 dpi (Dots Per Inch).
- The printer language supported in this printer is SPL (Samsung Printer Language).
How to Download Samsung ML-2520
Download the Samsung ML-2520 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Samsung ML-2520 is available on three platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8,Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7,Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
- Linux MIPS, Linux ARM, Linux 64bit, Linux 32bit
How to Install & Setup Samsung ML-2520 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Samsung ML-2520 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Samsung ML-2520 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
How to Install & Setup Samsung ML-2520 Printer Driver on Linux
- Extract the driver installation file on your Linux PC.
- Open the installation folder and enter the Terminal window.
- Execute the command sudo su to get into super user. Enter the password for verification.
- Now, enter the /install.sh command. And enter y (yes) for confirmation.
- After the installation, you will be asked to register the printer. Enter y.
- Now, your PC will search for printers. If detected, choose your printer.
- For USB connection, you have to enter the device URL. For network connection, you have to choose the protocol and host name or IP address.
- After that, the setup will be completed.
- Now, you can take printouts with ease.
Why Install Official Samsung ML-2520 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. For example, you can find the driver installation file for Samsung ML-2520 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Samsung official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Samsung ML-2520?
A: Samsung ML-2520 is a laser monochrome printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Samsung ML-2520?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Samsung ML-2520 to my computer?
A: Samsung ML-2520 offers wired connections to all PCs.