Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 Printer is a monochrome laser printer. This printer produces quality outputs precisely with Optimal printing speed as per the prompt of the user. The duty cycle of the printer is 12000 pages per month. The First page printout time is less than 8.5 seconds and the printing speed of the printer is 28ppm(pages per minute) While operating, the temperature of the environment can range from 10 to 30 degrees Celsius. The printer weighs about 7.2 kg. In this article, you can learn about the Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 driver and the steps to install it in Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Samsung Xpress SL-M2820, You have to install and set up the Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 Printer
The features of the Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 Printer are:
- Dimension of the Printer
- The physical measurements of the printer are 368×334.5×202 mm of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 16 lb (7.26 kg).
- Power Consumption
- The printer consumes maximum of 400 watts of power.
- When the printer is in standby mode, it consumes 45 watts of power.
- It consumes 1.0 watts of power when the printer is in power saving mode.
- While in standby all port activation mode, the printer consumes 1.56 watts of power.
- Environmental Conditions
- The operating relative humidity of the printer should be within 20-80% RH, non condensing.
- The Non-operating relative humidity should be within 10-90% RH, non condensing.
- The acoustic power emission of the printer is 26 dB(A) when the printer is in the ready mode, and while printing, the acoustic power emission level is 50 dB(A).
- The recommended operating temperature of the printer is 10 to 30 degrees Celsius.
- When it is in storage, the temperature in the environment should be within -20 to 40 degrees Celsius.
- Paper sizes and Paper Types allowed in these printers are
- Paper weight supported in this printer is 20 lb (9.07 kg).
- Media types allowed in these printers are Plain paper, Envelopes, Thin, thick paper, labels, transparent films, Card stocks, bond paper.
- Media sizes allowed are Letter, Legal, A4, US Folio, JIS B5, Executive, Oficio.
How to Download Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 Printer Driver
Download the Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 is available on three platforms
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8,Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7,Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11, macOS X v10.10, macOS X v10.9, macOS X v10.8, macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
- Linux MIPS, Linux ARM, Linux 64bit, Linux 32bit
How to Install & Setup Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
How to Install & Setup Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 Printer Driver on Linux
- Extract the driver installation file on your Linux PC.
- Open the installation folder and enter the Terminal window.
- Execute the command sudo su to get into super user. Enter the password for verification.
- Now, enter the /install.sh command. And enter y (yes) for confirmation.
- After the installation, you will be asked to register the printer. Enter y.
- Now, your PC will search for printers. If detected, choose your printer.
- For the USB connection, you have to enter the device URL. For the network connection, you have to choose the protocol and hostname or IP address.
- After that, the setup will be completed.
- Now, you can take printouts with ease.
Why Install Official Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Samsung official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Samsung Xpress SL-M2820?
A: Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 is a Monochrome laser printer, this printer gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Samsung Xpress SL-M2820?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose Install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 to my computer?
A: Samsung Xpress SL-M2820 offers wired connections to all PCs.