Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW is a printer that can only print, and it produces Quality prints with optimal print speed. This printer has unique features that make this printer stand out from other printers. The internal memory of the printer is 128 MB. This printer is a laser monochrome printer. The monthly duty cycle of the printer is 12000 pages per month. This printer comes up with a built-in LED display. The product comes in Two-color Black and Gray. The first page printout time is 8.5 seconds. This printer offers both wired and wireless features. By using the USB port and Wireless LAN (Local Area Network)User can connect the printer and the computer. In this article, you can get information about the Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW driver download, and the steps to install it in Windows, and Mac.
Also, the package of the printer contains Cartridges, Power cord, Drivers, Manual, and Software CD. Users can also print from mobile using Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria print service, Samsung Mobile print.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW, you have to install and set up the Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can find and install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW Printer
The features of the Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW Printer are:
Notable Features of the Printer
- Built-in wireless connection
- Wi-Fi protected setup (WPS)
- One-touch button
- Near field communication (NFC)
- Energy-star certified for the less consumption of power
- Mobile printing features
Dimension of the Printer
- The physical measurements of the printer are 368×334.5×202 mm of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The printer weighs about 16.4 lb (7.44 kg).
- The standard paper capacity is 250 sheets.
- The output tray can be loaded with 150 sheets of paper.
- Paper weight supported in this printer is 60-220 gsm (grams per square meter).
- The minimum paper size allowed in this printer is 3×5 in.
- The maximum paper size allowed in this printer is 8.5×14 in.
- Media sizes accessible in these printers are A4, A5, B5, A6, Legal, Letter, Envelopes #10, DL, Monarch, C5, and oficio.
- Media types allowed in these printers are Plain paper, Envelopes, Thin, thick paper, recycled paper, cotton paper, labels, transparencies, cards, archive paper, color coded labels, label paper, and Bond paper.
- The printing resolution of the printer is 4800×600, dpi(dots per inch) in monochrome.
- The printing speed of the printer is 28 ppm (pages per minute).
- This printer allows Automatic duplex printing, which prints Front and back automatically without any work manually.
- Printer drivers supported in these printers are PCL5e, PCL6, SPL (Samsung Printer Language).
- The first page out time is 8.5 seconds.
- The monthly duty cycle of the printer is 12000 pages.
- Users can print from mobile using NFC (Near Field Communicating) which allows the user to pass documents from one device to another by using the touch option are by keeping the two devices close together.
- The printer consumes maximum of 400 watts of power.
- When the printer is in standby mode, it consumes 45 watts of power.
- It consumes 1.3 watts of power when the printer is in sleep mode.
- The Wi-Fi direct consumes 1.8 watts of power.
- The sound emission level is 26 dB(A) when the printer is Inactive.
- The sound emission level is 50 dB(A)while operating.
- The operating temperature of the printer should be between 10-30 degrees Celsius.
- The temperature of the printer when it is in storage should be 20-40 degrees Celsius.
- The relative operating humidity should be 10-80%.
- The non-operating relative humidity while the printer is in storage is 10-90%.
How to Download Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW Printer Driver
Download the Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW is available on three platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10,Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8,Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7,Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11,macOS X v10.10,macOS X v10.9,macOS X v10.8,macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
- Linux MIPS, Linux ARM, Linux 64bit, Linux 32bit
How to Install & Setup Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
How to Install & Setup Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW Printer Driver on Linux
- Extract the driver installation file on your Linux PC.
- Open the installation folder and enter the Terminal window.
- Execute the command sudo su to get into super user. Enter the password for verification.
- Now, enter the /install.sh command. And enter y (yes) for confirmation.
- After the installation, you will be asked to register the printer. Enter y.
- Now, your PC will search for printers. If detected, choose your printer.
- For USB connection, you have to enter the device URL. For network connection, you have to choose the protocol and host name or IP address.
- After that, the setup will be completed.
- Now, you can take printouts with ease.
Why Install Official Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Samsung official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW?
A: Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW is a printer that can only print documents, this printer gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and select Install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW to my computer?
A: Samsung Xpress SL-M2830DW offers both wired and wireless connections to all PCs.