Sharp MX-M450U printer is a Laser Monochrome printer. This printer can perform activities like Printing, Scanning, Faxing, and copying. The first copy out time is 4 seconds. And the printing speed of the printer is 45 ppm(pages per minute) in A4 and 20 ppm in A3. The warm-up time of the printer is 80 seconds. The internal memory of the printer is 128 MB that can be extended up to 384 MB and 40 GB HDD (Hard Disk Drive). The maximum media capacity of the printer is 3100 pages and the standard media capacity of the printer is 500 pages.
The printer has 8.9 inches (22.61 cm) dot color matrix touch screen control panel, by using these users can easily navigate and set up easily. Also, you can pair it with the Sharp MX-M450U Printer Driver to make tasks easier. And also this printer comes up with 50 sheets of DSPF (Dual Single Pass Feeder).
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Sharp MX-M450U, printer, you have to install and set up the Sharp MX-M450U driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Sharp MX-M450U printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Sharp MX-M450U
- Dimension of the printer
- The Physical measurement of the printer is 840×665×1127 mm of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- And the weight of the printer is 99 kg.
- The Printing resolution of the printer is about 600×600, dpi (dots per inch).
- The enhanced resolution of the printer is 600×1200 dpi.
- The printing speed of the printer is 45 ppm (pages per minute) in A4 and 20 ppm in A3
- Network protocols include TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6 IPSEC), IPX/SPX (Net Ware), EtherTalk.
- Printing protocols include LPR, Raw TCP(port 9100) POP3, HTTP, Novell print, Ethertalk, IPP.
- Printer driver languages supported in these printers are STD PCL6, PCL5e, OPT PS3.
- The resolution of push scan of the printer is about 600×600 dpi (dots per inch) and for pull scan the resolution is 600×600 dpi.
- File formats supported includes TIFF, XPS, PDF, PDF/A, Encrypted PDF, JPEG.
- Scanning feature of these printers includes scan to FTP, scan to email, scan to network folder, and scan to destination desktop.
- The compression method used in these printers are MH/MR/MMR/JBIG.
- The maximum resolution of the printer is 203.2×97.8-406.4×391 dpi (dots per inch).
- With Super G3 and, the modem speed is about 36,600 bps.
- The transmission speed of fax is 2 seconds with super G3/JBIG.
- Some faxing features includes 500 group dials, 1000 auto dialing option.
- This printer’s first copy out time is 4 seconds,
- paper size allowed in this printer is A3.
- User can copy 999 multiple continuous copies.
- User can zoom and reduce the copy size from 25% to 400%.
- The scan resolution of the printer in black and white is 600×600, and the copy output resolution of the printer is 600×600 dpi.
How to Download Sharp MX-M450U
Download Sharp MX-M450U driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Sharp MX-M450U is available on three platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10,Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8,Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7,Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11,macOS X v10.10,macOS X v10.9,macOS X v10.8,macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
- Linux MIPS, Linux ARM, Linux 64bit, Linux 32bit
How to Install & Setup Sharp MX-M450U Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Sharp MX-M450U is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Sharp MX-M450U Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
How to Install & Setup Sharp MX-M450U Printer Driver on Linux
- Extract the driver installation file on your Linux PC.
- Open the installation folder and enter the Terminal window.
- Execute the command sudo su to get into super user. Enter the password for verification.
- Now, enter the /install.sh command. And enter y (yes) for confirmation.
- After the installation, you will be asked to register the printer. Enter y.
- Now, your PC will search for printers. If detected, choose your printer.
- For USB connection, you have to enter the device URL. For network connection, you have to choose the protocol and host name or IP address.
- After that, the setup will be completed.
- Now, you can take printouts with ease.
Why Install Official Sharp MX-M450U Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Sharp MX-M450U on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Sharp official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Sharp MX-M450U?
A: Sharp MX-M450U is a Monochrome printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Sharp MX-M450U?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Sharp MX-M450U to my computer?
A: Sharp MX-M450U offers a wired connection to all PCs.