Sharp MX-M550U Printer is a Multifunction Monochrome printer. This printer can perform activities like Printing, Copying, Scanning, and Faxing documents accurately as per the request of the user. The standard media capacity of the printer is 3100 pages and the warm-up time of the printer is 120 seconds. Also, this printer has a Dual feeding tray and a Bypass tray. The printing speed of the printer is 55 ppm (pages per minute). Users can connect the printer and the computer using the USB 2.0 interface. This printer has 128 MB internal memory 40 GB HDD (Hard Disk Drive) of and that can be expandable up to 384 MB. The Sharp MX-M550U Printer driver helps you easily manage and handle tasks on PCs.
Nowadays, printers are of different brands and different models. When you have a printer, there will be a CD / DVD which contains the driver installation file. By chance, if you can’t find the installation CD, you have to find and install the specific driver on your PC. For instance, if you have a Sharp MX-M550U, printer, you have to install and set up the Sharp MX-M550U driver on your PC.
In Printerdriversdl.com, you can install drivers for all the brands of printers. There are drivers available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let’s see how to install and set up the Sharp MX-M550U printer driver on Windows and Mac PC.
Features of Sharp MX-M550U
- Dimension of the printer
- The physical measurements of the printer is 28.7×26.7×46.9 in of Width, Depth, and Height respectively.
- The weight of the printer is about 407.9 lb (185.02 kg).
- The Printing resolution is about 1200×600, dpi (dots per inch).
- Printer driver languages supported in these printers is PCL5e.
- This printer’s first copy out time is 4 seconds
- Paper size allowed in this printer is A3
- User can copy 999 multiple continuous copies
- User can zoom and reduce the copy size from 25% to 400%
- The scan resolution of the printer in black and white is 600×600 dpi (dots per inch)
- Copy rate as per the size of the pages are as follows
- The printing speed of the printer is
- 30 cpm (copies per minute) for A3 size paper
- 35 cpm for B4 Size
- 55 cpm for A4, B5 size paper
- And the printer can copy 40 cpm in A4R, B5R, A5R size paper
- The printing speed of the printer is
- Paper Types and Paper sizes allowed in these printers are,
- In paper Tray 1,2 user can load 2000 pages
- Paper size allowed in-tray 1 and 2 is A4 (8.4×11 in) size, paper weight supported in this tray is 80 gsm (grams per square meter)
- In paper Tray 3 user can feed 500 sheets of paper
- Paper size allowed in this tray is A3 to A5R, paper weight supported in this printer is 80 gsm,
- In paper Tray 4,500 sheets of paper can be filled
- Paper size allowed in this tray is A3 to B5
- The bypass tray can be filled with 100 sheets or 20 postcards of paper, bypass tray allows paper sizes like plain, post cards and transparencies films
- In optional paper Tray 5 (AR-LC6) user can load 3500 sheets of paper, paper size allowed in this tray is A4
- Large capacity tray 5 (AR-LC7) in that tray user can feed 3000 sheets of paper.
- The sound emission level of the printer is 7.3 B in Printing mode and 5.0 B in standby mode.
- The sound pressure emission is 58 dB(A) in Printing mode and 35 dB(A) in standby mode.
- The relative operating temperature should be between 20-85%.
- The operating temperature of the printer can range between 10-30 degree Celsius.
How to Download Sharp MX-M550U
Download Sharp MX-M550U driver’s latest version for your PC.
List of Available Drivers
Sharp MX-M550U is available on three platforms.
- Windows 10 (x64), Windows 10,Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 8.1,Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8,Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7,Windows Vista (x64), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- macOS X v10.12, macOS X v10.11,macOS X v10.10,macOS X v10.9,macOS X v10.8,macOS X v10.7,macOS X v10.6
How to Install & Setup Sharp MX-M550U Printer Driver on Windows
- Go to the driver location and double-click the .exe file. The installation will begin.
- While installing the driver, plug the printer from your PC.
- Now, click the Next button on the installation pop-up.
- Choose your place of residence and click Next.
- Click Yes on the End User License Agreement.
- Now, choose your preferred connection method.
- Your PC will search for the printer. If detected, all the necessary files will be installed on your PC.
- After that, you will get the Setup Completion pop-up. Click the Complete button.
- If you want, you can test the printer. Load the paper and click Execute. You can also skip this step by clicking the Next button instead of the Execute button.
- As a final pop-up, you will get the Installation completed successfully. Click the Exit button to close the pop-up.
- Now, the Sharp MX-M550U is ready to print all your files.
How to Install & Setup Sharp MX-M550U Printer Driver on Mac
- Run the driver setup file on your Mac.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click the Open button.
- Now, the Setup pop-up will appear. Click the Next and enter your Apple ID password to allow the setup file to install.
- Click the Next button and the installation will begin.
- Choose your preferred way of connection and click Next.
- Now, your Mac PC will search for the printer. When detected, click the Next button.
- Choose your place of residence and click Select All to install the software related to the printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts like License Agreement and Create an Alias. The setup file will be installed.
- If you want, you can test the printer by clicking the Execute button. If not, click the Next button.
- Click Exit to close the pop-up. Now, your printer is ready.
Why Install Official Sharp MX-M550U Driver
For printers, there are plenty of websites where you can download and install the driver file. You can find the driver installation file for Sharp MX-M550U on numerous sites. But, those files may or may not be integrated with unwanted software and tools. So, it is the safest option to download the driver files only from the Sharp official website. On the official website, you can find drivers without any hidden files. If any error occurs while installing or the printer is not working properly, you can claim the warranty only if you have used the official setup file. Third-party setup files may damage your printer.
Q: What type of printer is a Sharp MX-M550U?
A: Sharp MX-M550U is a Monochrome printer that gives high-quality prints at optimal print speed.
Q: How do I update my Sharp MX-M550U?
A: Go to the Setup menu and choose Device Settings. Navigate to Firmware Update and choose To install Update.
Q: How do I connect my Sharp MX-M550U to my computer?
A: Sharp MX-M550U offers a wireless connection to all PCs.